- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Cloud contact centres
- Contact recording and analytics
- Inbound services
- Onsite contact centres
- Self-service and queue-management platforms
- CRM solutions
- Why BT
Our position and recognition in published analyst reports.
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Digital solutions from BT and Cisco set global standards for De Beers
Optimized global network assures miners’ safety and sparkling performance for the diamond producer.
Few IT people face connectivity challenges like James Ross of De Beers. He has to connect mines in northern Canada so remote that satellite or microwave is the only way to communicate. Working across 28 locations worldwide – many equally isolated – most service providers couldn’t even begin to get close.
Added to that the network must be fast and robust enough to shift the vast amounts of data needed to digitize operations while protecting people and plant. The security of intellectual property is another major concern. All those reasons and more underline why James sees BT and Cisco as critical partners.
BT has been a longstanding partner of De Beers. It’s one of the only global vendors with the reach to support the business in the many regions in which we operate.”
- James Ross, Head of Information Management, Canada and the United States, De Beers Group of Companies
De Beers uses BT and Cisco digital solutions to set global standards.
Optimized global network assures miners’ safety and sparkling performance for De Beers, the world’s largest diamond producer.
- A BT IP Connect Global managed network connects all 28 De Beers locations; the most remote using satellite or microwave access.
- Along with voice and video, huge volumes of operational and geospatial data are carried.
- BT and Cisco collaborative tools sharpen decision-making and cut travel, while BT Connect Intelligence ensures bandwidth is optimised.
- Integration of De Beers and Anglo American platforms will enable unified communications features like presence and instant messaging.
- The vision is for mines to operate largely autonomously through digitization; reducing costs without putting human life at risk.
Ubiquitous global network.
The BT IP Connect Global network reaches the world over. Connect all your global locations from data centres and company offices to remote sites and agents, while choosing the right access technology for each.
Making the most of precious bandwidth.
BT Connect Intelligence makes sure bandwidth use is optimized so that, for instance, repetitive transmission of large email attachments is avoided.
Remote collaboration raises productivity.
BT MeetMe and Cisco WebEx from the BT One Collaborate portfolio helps DeBeers transform its ways of working. Video, audio and web conferencing includes Cisco TelePresence at five operational hubs.
An eye to possible threats.
De Beers closely guards commercial and personal information and its intellectual property. BT and Cisco have helped the company build its network with an eye to cyber-security.
View the full case study on SlideShare