- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Catch up on the thoughts and opinions of our experts in our blog.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
How we put our customer first.
- About us
We’re well placed to be your trusted partner as you digitally transform your business.
Where the exchange of fresh ideas and information gets up close and personal.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
- My Account
BT named a leader in new IDC MarketScape reports for Unified Communications and Video Cloud
DC16-041 (04 February 2016)
Industry analyst recognition of BT’s strategy, capabilities and track record in Unified Communications and Collaboration
BT today announced that it has been named a “leader” in two new IDC MarketScape reports: the Worldwide Unified Communications-as-a-Service (UCaaS) Provider 2015 Vendor Assessment and the Western Europe Video Cloud Services for MNCs 2015-2016 Vendor Assessment.
Noting BT Global Services’ strategy, capabilities and track record, the IDC reports highlight the strong presence of BT’s global unified communications (UC) solutions, as well as its cloud services capabilities.
Specifically, the IDC MarketScapes highlighted BT’s strengths in the following key areas:
- BT has a broad portfolio of services that complement its UCaaS offerings, including network services, SIP Trunking and voice solutions, and security, hosting, and managed services. BT also offers a range of UCaaS solutions including One Cloud Cisco and One Cloud Microsoft — both of which are available globally to multinational corporations (MNCs) and large enterprises. BT’s commitment to a multivendor UC strategy is a key differentiator.
- BT's UC portfolio is supported globally by BT Advise, BT Global Services’ advanced professional services team. BT Advise delivers public, private, and hybrid cloud deployments and ensures the UCaaS solutions operate end to end and meet customer requirements.
- BT is a strong Cisco partner and one of a few global CSPs that have Cisco Master UC certification. BT supports a range of Cisco solutions including HCS, Unified Contact Center Enterprise, WebEx, and Collaboration Meeting Rooms.
- A key differentiator for BT Global Services is the introduction of global, flat-rate pricing for UCaaS across all geographies and a no term commitment contract.
Western Europe Video Cloud **:
- Due to the magnitude of BT's global network and presence in terms of sales and services offices, its cloud video services are available from many service hubs located in Europe, the Americas and Asia. As a result, MNCs can rely on BT as a single service provider for global video deployments with local services support.
- BT's video suite of services is classed as comprehensive with regard to deployment options, level of managed services, features and pricing. The provider's services expertise of video/UC solutions from Cisco, Polycom, Acano, and Microsoft is profound. BT's strategic focus is on business transformation, with cloud as a key driver of change. This is clearly reflected in its Cloud of Clouds vision and combined One Cloud Video, Cisco and Microsoft UC proposition.
To be named a leader in both of these new IDC MarketScape reports is a result of our capability to innovate and deep industry expertise. Our customers benefit from a comprehensive range of services in the Unified Communications area and from our ‘Cloud of Clouds’ offerings. We will continue to develop and refine those capabilities with our partners to help our customers gain further competitive advantage.”
- Andrew Small, vice president, Unified Communications, contact centres and mobility at BT Global Services
*IDC MarketScape: Worldwide UCaaS Service Provider 2015 Vendor Assessment, doc #US40612315, December 2015
**IDC MarketScape: Western Europe Video Cloud Services for MNC’s 2015-2016 Vendor Assessment, doc #EMEA40766115, December 2015
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared.The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360 degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
For further information:
Sr. PR & Corporate Relations Manager, Benelux & Nordics
Tel: +31 (0)88 212 51 94