Established. Global. Flexible
We are BT Federal, an independent US company with over 15 years’ experience directly serving the US Government. Through our partnership with BT, we have been providing world class telecommunication services in the US for over 30 years.
Over the last decade we have built a business with more than 2,600 people working in 25 offices across the US. We have nine network operations and customer service centers, three Security Operations Centers, and extensive network assets across the country.
Because we’re a US company, but partner closely with BT, we have a unique combination of local knowledge and global expertise. And our extensive partnerships with industry leaders like Cisco, Microsoft, and Avaya allow us to develop and deliver world-class solutions and managed services.
So our customers get great solutions that are developed for the US Federal market, but are backed up and improved by our experience all over the world.
A sample of some of our US customers include:
- The Department of Defense
- General Services Administration
- New York Stock Exchange
- Penn State University Medical Center
- Thomson Reuters
The value we deliver globally
Through our partnership with BT, we can offer you the largest, most reliable, and best-rated global telecom services capabilities in the world – as measured by Gartner . BT is the leader of leaders in Gartner’s Global Network Service Providers Magic Quadrant, and has the largest share of the international MPLS market.
This relationship lets us draw on more than 110,000 BT professionals in nearly 200 countries across five continents. Their presence brings deep local knowledge and expertise, not just a collection of leased lines and empty data center space operated by third parties.
Our teams speak the local language and operate to ITILv3 standards. We use four global hubs and 22 satellite centers to provide worldwide customer service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
BT Federal: using technology to create new possibilities
Our vast global reach means we’re fast and responsive. Wherever you want to connect to, BT Federal and BT are already there – with an exceptional portfolio of products and services tailored to the unique needs of US Federal customers. Watch this video to find out how we can help you connect for a better future.
What we do locally
Who we are
We have been in the US more than 30 years. BT Federal is an independent company headquartered in Reston, VA, and with our partner BT, we have more than 2,600 professionals and offices in over 16 key cities across the US. We tailor our global networked IT services to meet our customers’ needs, combining BT’s global reach with our local experience and knowledge, global account management, and excellent customer service.
We own and operate our own network infrastructure in North America. This includes nationwide reach to all major US cities with MPLS nodes, which gives us one of the largest MPLS networks in the US. So we can reach more than 80 percent of key US Federal customer sites with our wholly owned infrastructure, and extend coverage beyond the US with nearly 2,000 MPLS points of presence in over 190 countries around the world.
We’re trusted to design, develop, and manage advanced IT networking solutions for the US Federal Government, defense community, system integrators, and the healthcare sector.
Approximately 50 percent of BT’s top 2,000 customers have headquarters or major operations in the US, including P&G, MasterCard, Thomson Reuters, Schlumberger, Unilever, Credit Suisse, and Bristol-Myers Squibb.
As a trusted partner that regularly operates at all government levels, we securely link people, information, processes, and technology to help government agencies improve productivity and achieve mission success.
- secure wire line and mobile connectivity, particularly to remote or difficult locations outside the US
global VPN and WAN, especially high-speed and high-capacity networks
- network management, cloud, and data recovery/continuity
- managed security services for and cyber security and surveillance
- global converged connectivity and classified professional services.
- In the UK, BT has helped build N3, an end-to-end health system that has transformed the National Health Service (NHS). This secure national broadband network connects all NHS locations and more than a million NHS staff.
- BT has also built and operates the NHS Spine service – a secure patient information database and messaging system, which includes electronic patient booking and electronic transfer of prescriptions.
- Closer to home, we built a new data center and VoIP network for a leading US healthcare provider, and supported the IP management needs of the Penn State University Hershey Medical Center.
- We’re helping pharmaceutical companies shorten the research and development (R&D) cycle for new drugs with a customized cloud-based platform. It connects pharmaceutical companies with contract research partners, academia, regulators, and other parties. Combining networking with collaboration and file transfer technologies, it meets security and compliance requirements, and speeds up return on investments.
- We delivered a world-class global network for Celgene, a global biopharmaceutical company based in NJ, to support their continued biomedical and genome research.
- Our partner BT provides about a third of the world’s trading floors, including the New York Stock Exchange, with market connectivity, trading turrets (a specialized telephony key system used by financial traders), and payment and settlement services.
- BT manages the largest trading community in the world, BT Radianz, with 15,400 client sites across 60 countries, and more than 450 service providers. Services include exchange data, trading, analytics, order management, execution, routing, and settlement.
- BT Radianz members include the top 10 global exchanges, 48 of the top 50 global asset managers, the top 50 global broker dealers, and 44 of the top 50 hedge funds. There are 68,000 voice trading turret users.
- Five consecutive years as a market leader in Gartner’s Communications Outsourcing and Professional Services Magic Quadrant
- BT is the leader of leaders in Gartner’s Global Network Service Providers Magic Quadrant.
- In 2014, we were ranked number one by IDC in its Worldwide Telecom Service Provider Vendor Assessment, our fourth year in a row ranked as number one.
- We won the Open Digital Ecosystem award at the 2015 TM Forum Excellence Awards.
- We won a 2014 CIO 100 Award for BT Assure Analytics.
- BT Assure Analytics also won Gold at the Info Security Products Guide Global Excellence Awards 2014.
- BT Cloud Compute was named a winner of the 2014 Cloud Computing Product of the Year Award.
- We were also awarded Silver status for Information Technology (Services) – Innovations in the Golden Bridge Awards for BT Trace for Retail solution.
I am delighted to be sponsoring Accenture and BT’s collaboration, which combines the power of both companies for the benefit of customers. BT’s strengths in network, infrastructure, and innovative cloud offerings married with Accenture’s significant experience in core consulting, systems integration, and business process outsourcing mean we are positioned to offer truly end-to-end, business-led transformation to our customers’ businesses."
- Marty Cole, Accenture Group Chief Executive – Technology