- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Markets we serve
- Why BT Federal
BT Federal was created to serve the US Federal Government. Offering the full spectrum of BT products and services, we custom tailor solutions to satisfy the unique needs of even the most demanding and complex US Government customers.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world.
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organizations just like yours get better when they work with us.
How to contact BT Federal.
BT Federal is well established in the US and around the world. Powered by BT, we have the largest, most reliable, and highest-rated global telecom services capabilities in the world.
A long-term passion for sustainability
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
BT Federal and BT can help your business become more sustainable and responsible because we are not just another IT and communications provider. We believe in sustainability and have a long track record of improving our own organization.
In 1992, BT established their first CO2 target, and now BT and BT Federal are committed to reducing the carbon intensity of our global business by 80 percent by 2020.
So far BT has managed to reduce its overall carbon footprint by 43 percent, and BT Federal is doing its part here in the US. We have done this by becoming more energy efficient and by increasing our use of renewable energy. We are now saving 300 metric tons of carbon every year by installing solar panels at our data center in El Segundo, California.
So we’re no last-minute converts to the idea of carbon reduction. And it has helped our business. Our approach to sustainability has made us more efficient, lowered our operating costs, and reduced our carbon footprint.
Helping businesses and communities
When everything is connected, anything is possible. As a leader in managed networked IT services, we’re in a unique position to use our resources to connect communities. In addition to supporting our customers, we’re working on a number of projects to increase connectivity and boost IT skills around the world.
- SOS Children’s Villages – Online opportunities offer young people in remote African communities the chance to make much more of their lives.
- Message Stick – Aboriginal technology firm Message Stick conquers corporate Australia with BT One Collaborate services.
- We are helping communities get online all over the world. We work in remote locations to support initiatives to increase connectivity and boost IT skills to give people access to information and services for the first time.
Find out more
Doing less environmental harm is no longer enough. We believe you have to improve it – we want to be a force for net good. We’re minimizing the environmental impact of our operations, especially our carbon emissions. For example, we’ve signed a four-year deal to get 100 percent of our UK electricity from renewable sources.
We’re also working with our customers to reduce their environmental impact. Our goal is to help customers reduce their emissions by at least three times the end-to-end carbon impact of our business together. Find out more
- We’re helping the UK National Health Service save around 150,000 commuting days every year by using a mobile working system called N3 Mobile Health Worker. N3 connects nearly 1.5 million staff and every GP, hospital, and clinic in England and Scotland.
- We helped the UK’s second-largest police force – the Greater Manchester Police – implement a flexible working solution.
We’re taking an active role in communities around the world to help make a difference in people’s lives. Last year, we used our skills and technology to raise over $130m for good causes and in 2013, our Emergency Response Team helped restore communications in the Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan.
- We help the Netherlands-based Johan Cruyff Foundation in its work with young people
- We help the London Ambulance Service keep the UK capital safe
Our products and services
Our products and services help customers build sustainable organizations, reduce their environmental impact, lower costs, and create new opportunities.
- Video and audio conferencing (BT One) – enables employees to meet without travelling, cutting costs and CO2 emissions – PA Consulting Group
- Virtual data centers (BT Compute) – reduce the need for customers to invest in their own infrastructure, which reduces costs, power use, and CO2 emissions – Fiat
- CRM solutions (BT Contact) – can create virtual teams of agents, delivering significant sustainability benefits – NHS Camden and Islington Foundation Trust, UK
- Flexible working solutions – mobilize an organization's people and processes – MOD Blackberry
- Field force automation solutions – provide real-time information and work schedules to employees on the road, helping reduce journeys and CO2 emissions by up to 20% – Etisalat