- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Why BT
Our position and recognition in published analyst reports.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
What we can do for you and the resources to do it
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
IDC MarketScape: Asia/Pacific Telecom Services Report.
BT named leader in telecom services market in Asia-Pacific for sixth year in a row
BT scored highest in current capability to meet customers’ ICT needs. and for strong strategy and vision, according to IDC APAC MarketScape report
BT received the highest score for its current capability to meet customers’ ICT needs, and for the company’s strong strategy and vision to meet evolving customer requirements in the next three to five years.
The IDC report highlighted BT’s particular strengths in the following key areas:
- Strong industry-specific solutions especially in Retail, Finance, Healthcare and Airlines. BT’s focus on providing industry-specific solutions globally, as well as in the region, is a key differentiator for the service provider.
- Strong focus on further strengthening professional services. BT continues to strengthen its professional services in the region under the BT Advise brand. It leverages the strength of its 2,500 global consultants including 700+ consultants in Asia-Pacific. It has also increased the strength of its Business Consultant team, mostly in the Healthcare and Financial verticals.
- Targeted sales strategy allows BT to position itself strongly with customers. BT does not sell to the mass market but focuses on its 1,000+ key accounts across Asia-Pacific and has segmented its customers into three groups based on the opportunities and its strategic relationship with them.
- Increased focus on security leading to a comprehensive security portfolio. With an increased focus on security, BT launched a new theme, “Rethinking the Risk”, to complement its “Art of Connecting” strategy and focus on providing a vendor-agnostic security platform.
We are very honoured to once again receive this top distinction in the industry. Year on year we have been improving on both capabilities and strategies, enabling us to maintain strong leadership position and allowing us to clearly differentiate ourselves in the marketplace."
- Kevin Taylor, President, BT Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa.
The IDC MarketScape model evaluates leading regional and global telecom services providers in Asia-Pacific, studying their capabilities in meeting the ICT needs of mid-to-large sized enterprises, multinational corporations and government clients.
This year, IDC evaluated 11 service providers and draws its conclusions from assessing their portfolio of managed services, including cloud based solutions, Unified Communications (UC), enterprise mobility and professional services; as well as deliver services and the ability to leverage new innovations like Software Defined Networking (SDN).
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.