- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Catch up on the thoughts and opinions of our experts in our blog.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
How we put our customer first.
- About us
We’re well placed to be your trusted partner as you digitally transform your business.
Where the exchange of fresh ideas and information gets up close and personal.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
- My Account
BT outsourcing agreement helps Unilever achieve a lower cost base and sharper competitive edge
Service standardisation drives cost efficiency
When BT and Unilever first engaged in a global outsourcing agreement in 2002 it was one of the biggest of its kind. Much has been achieved since then, and the relationship has come a long way.
Now, under a renewed contract, Damian Zannelli says that the focus is firmly on innovation. For example, the two companies are looking for ways in which Unilever can exploit new technology to better manage its supply chain. Meanwhile, under the new agreement, BT has committed to further reduce year-on-year Unilever running costs.
The lifeblood of our organisation is information. BT service is critical because without the network the data stops flowing and our products don’t reach the shelves.”
- Damian Zannelli, IT Director – Europe, Unilever.
Unilever exploit new BT technology to better manage its supply chain
BT helps FMCG giant Unilever focus on innovation and use the power of the network to improve competitive advantage.
- BT and Unilever have been working together under a global outsourcing agreement since 2002
- The agreement covers full end-to-end management of voice, data, and security services across around 1,000 sites in more than 100 countries
- Latest contract extension includes clearer and more relevant service level agreements closely tied to users’ needs and expectations
- The contract allows for more standardisation than was previously the case, creating better conditions for cost efficiency
- Committed cost efficiencies of 10 per cent in year one and 15 per cent in year two
- BT is also helping Unilever to find ways to use the power of the network to innovate and better manage the supply chain
BT Connect – networks that think
BT has more than 20 years’ experience in designing, running and managing global IP networks for leading organisations around the world. BT IP Connect Global services are available in 197 countries.
BT One – communications that unify
BT Unified Communications solutions help you to collaborate more efficiently with employees, suppliers, customers and business partners
BT Security – protecting what matters
BT offers a wide range of robust products to help build a sustainable business model with added security and resilience
View the full case study on SlideShare