- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Catch up on the thoughts and opinions of our experts in our blog.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
How we put our customer first.
- About us
We’re well placed to be your trusted partner as you digitally transform your business.
Where the exchange of fresh ideas and information gets up close and personal.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
- My Account
BT digital transformation powers racing potential on the track
The technology behind the performance
Today’s Formula One regulations restrict the number of technical personnel racing teams can have working at the track. To stay competitive, they have to have additional experts like analysts and aerodynamicists working as part of the team back at their HQs, often thousands of miles away.
A high-speed BT network provides Williams Martini Racing with digital connections from every Formula One circuit across the planet to the technicians at its base in Grove, Oxfordshire. Now, with accelerated worldwide data transfer, the entire team sees the possibilities of a time-critical competitive advantage.
Every piece of data generated at the track is now sent back to the factory in near real time. That really helps us improve the cars’ performance.”
- Graeme Hackland, IT Director, Williams Martini Racing
The technology behind the performance video.
The technology behind the performance video. 02:28
- A race car has around 200 sensors generating a huge amount of telemetry
- Each race produces between 60 and 80GB of raw data plus 60GB of video
- BT provides the global WAN, trackside LAN and the 40Gbps campus LAN at the Williams UK headquarters
- The BT global network enables data to be prioritised and sent to the UK in near real time for analysis
When the pressure’s on to get data flowing effortlessly around the globe one needs an expert partner who can be relied on to fix all the difficult bits anywhere.
Sometimes the bandwidth’s just not enough but it’s too expensive to add still more. Making the most of what you’ve got can often be the more intelligent network way to go.
End-to-end network integrity not only assures optimum performance but also secures data as it travels from data centre to desktop or smartphone and back.
View the full case study on SlideShare