- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Why BT
Our position and recognition in published analyst reports.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
What we can do for you and the resources to do it
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Products & Solutions
Secure, cost-effective card transaction processing
Providing a secure, flexible and cost-effective infrastructure to manage transaction messaging for credit/debit/charge cards, loyalty cards and mobile top-ups as well as for Internet banking and mobile banking is a must. BT Cardway provides a wide range of connectivity options for linking to merchant acquirers, banks and payment processors as well as to different types of PEDs/PADs, PoS terminals, ATMs and to mobile phones. BT Cardway also offers a seamless migration from legacy technology to the new world of IP-based payment processing – so you can move toward faster, feature-rich IP transactions at your own pace.
Security with a wide range of communication options
BT Cardway provides a secure and cost-effective infrastructure for managing transaction messages.
- Reduce costs: BT Cardway could reduce your costs today for dial-up and X.25 transactions by over 25 per cent.
- Support a wide range of transactions: Including payment cards, loyalty cards, mobile top-ups as well as Internet banking and mobile banking.
- Choose from a wide range of connectivity options: BT Cardway works with PSTN/ISDN, GPRS, X.25, and IP communications approaches.
- Reduce transaction times and maintain system integrity: Fast, reliable and secure infrastructure
- Migrate to new technology at your own pace: BT Cardway enables you to migrate seamlessly from your existing legacy technology to faster, feature-rich IP transactions
- Reduce time-to-market: BT Cardway is tried and tested and is already used by major banks, payment processors and retailers
- Expand your business: BT Cardway offers you the scalability you need for seamless expansion in domestic markets and abroad
- Gain effective risk management: BT Cardway provides end-to-end visibility of transactions, enabling you to manage risk profiles more effectively.
Key features and benefits
Gain security, reliability and flexibility
BT Cardway provides you with:
- A secure and flexible transaction messaging platform: BT Cardway is based on a proven, purpose-built infrastructure that is scalable, resilient and self-healing, offering you maximum security and flexibility
- High reliability: The BT Cardway infrastructure is monitored 24 x 7 by a team of highly skilled and experienced engineers
- Cost-effectiveness: With both transaction-based tariffs and flat-rate tariffs
- A range of connectivity options: Multi-protocol access and delivery, including X.25, IP, GPRS, XOT and GSM
- A platform for migrating to IP: Translation from IP to X.25 protocols – and vice versa – enables you to have a staged implementation of modern IP-based connectivity
- Reliable connections: IP-to-X.25 call diversion in the event of a host failure means you automatically access multiple connections to BT Cardway, reducing transaction times for more reliable payment processing
- Online Call Detail Record (CDR): Secure access to your management information online with near-realtime graphical output and historical statistics on calling and billing for daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reports
- 24 x 7 support: Available at all times and backed up by second- and third-line support teams, our service desk provides you with a rapid response and a single point of contact for any incidents
Flexible transaction messaging and IP technology
The increasing complexity of the technology that supports point-of-sale card processing, electronic payments and mobile payments can result in spiralling transaction costs and can drain away your management time and resources. Taking advantage of the latest solutions to reduce transaction times and provide your customers with more convenient, secure and reliable transaction options is vital to remaining competitive.
That’s why you need a proven, reliable and secure infrastructure that will enable you to use the latest transaction technology to work alongside your legacy systems and to help you to migrate to more cost-effective and competitive customer solutions.
BT Cardway provides a flexible network-centric transaction management platform with a wide range of connectivity options to help you to deliver payment card solutions, Internet payment systems and mobile payment services to your customers, as well as for all types of card-based transaction services such as loyalty cards and mobile top-ups.
With a proven track record of over 20 years, BT Cardway is a secure, resilient infrastructure that is IP-enabled so that you can deliver faster, feature-rich transaction services to retail customers.
It supports dial-up, ISDN and X.25 transactions as well as broadband, IP and GPRS, so that you can migrate step-by-step and at your own pace from your legacy infrastructure to the latest means of service delivery with added features to maintain your competitiveness.
To help you reduce your costs, BT Cardway has a range of competitively-priced options to suit different preferences for connectivity and different volumes of transactions.
A smooth migration and reliable transactions
BT Cardway offers you a seamless migration of your legacy technology to IP-based transactions, including:
- Delivery of your PSTN and/or ISDN traffic at extremely competitive prices
- Migration from PSTN/ISDN dial-up transactions to broadband IP transactions at your own pace
- Receipt of your transactions from your current X.25 service and forwarding via dedicated circuits to your specified merchant acquirers, banks and transaction processors
- Migration from your current X.25 service to BT Cardway, with receipt of your transactions via IP and translation and forwarding via X.25 to your specified merchant acquirers, banks and transaction processors – maintaining or reducing your rental and usage charges
- Global solutions for PSTN/ISDN, GPRS, X.25, and IP traffic
- Full redundancy and resilience enabling business and operational continuity, even with the loss of any node or component across the entire service. In the event of the failure of a host connection or node, traffic is diverted automatically and instantly to its backup circuit and/or site, giving you more reliable transactions
Who should buy
When BT Cardway is right for your organisation
BT Cardway helps organisations that need a flexible and secure transaction messaging solution to support card authorisation, mobile payments, Internet banking, ATM/cash dispenser networks and other card-like transactions. BT Cardway is designed for:
- Merchant Acquirers delivering card-based payment solutions
- Retailers accepting card-based transactions
- Card Processors and Payment Processors
- Banks delivering Internet banking and/or mobile banking services
- Banks and service providers operating ATM networks
- Automated Clearing Houses
- Loyalty card service providers
World-class financial technology solutions
As a leading provider of secure transaction services to the financial community, BT brings you:
- Experience: BT has been providing networked IT services to the financial services and retail industries for over 25 years, delivering secure communication services that are depended on by the world’s largest banks, card schemes, retailers and other payment service providers
- Global reach: The BT Network reaches over 170 countries, helping our customers to expand their business operations seamlessly and cost-effectively
- Resources: BT has a global professional services practice with over 10,000 full-time, qualified IT practitioners and consultants to support the development of your business and minimise internal overheads
- Market-leading security: BT’s security practice has over 1,400 full-time qualified practitioners and consultants
- A proven track record: BT is trusted to deliver mission-critical network services used by thousands of banks around the world
- Experience and expertise: With over 20 million retail customers, BT offers significant experience and expertise in delivering network-centric solutions for retail payments