- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Networks professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Cloud contact centres
- Contact recording and analytics
- Inbound services
- Onsite contact centres
- Self-service and queue-management platforms
- CRM solutions
- Why BT
Our position and recognition in published analyst reports.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
What we can do for you and the resources to do it
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
BT manages complex multi-vendor environment to maintain optimum productivity and efficiency
Empowering citizens and workers alike
When you’ve got to keep a mixed technology infrastructure running at optimum efficiency, it pays to have a multi-skilled partner alongside. That was the issue facing Milan when it wanted to start running council services over a new high-bandwidth optical fibre network covering the entire city.
Having proved its credentials from the start, BT was asked at short notice to take on more of the project than originally expected. The optical fibre network is now fully lit up, and managed by BT. Meanwhile wireless services are empowering citizens and enabling more flexible working for council staff.
BT has the technical skills to make things run according to our requirements, along with the flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances.”
- Guido Albertini, Chief Information Officer, Comune di Milano
- The BT managed optical network serves 700 locations
- Internet access is dual-served at 1Gbps from two data centres
- BT also manages nine firewalls, six intrusion prevention systems and provides support for 12,000 desktops
- Five call management servers provide IP telephony to 12,000 IP phones
- Wi-Fi serves 250 locations and supports high-definition video streamed from 250 IP cameras.
Technical competence and financial solidarity led to BT
Managed services from BT can take away complexity and cost from your organisation to help you free up resources and focus on core business. The BT managed service for Comune di Milano embraces the WAN and LAN with first and second-line support of the city-wide optical wired and wireless network.
Security without compromise
Network security and risk management needs to be front of mind for any organisation. Security services delivered for Comune di Milano include managed firewall, intrusion prevention, threat monitoring, and denial of service mitigation.
Planning for business continuity
BT Advise professional services can help to deliver a secure and efficient IT infrastructure and support your journey to cloud-based services. Our consultants worked collaboratively with the Comune di Milano IT team to map out architecture for an new disaster recovery site comprising 100 plus virtual servers hosted at a BT data centre.
View the full case study on SlideShare