- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Networks professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Cloud contact centres
- Contact recording and analytics
- Inbound services
- Onsite contact centres
- Self-service and queue-management platforms
- CRM solutions
- Why BT
Our position and recognition in published analyst reports.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
What we can do for you and the resources to do it
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
BT digital transformation powers racing potential on the track
The technology behind the performance
Today’s Formula One regulations restrict the number of technical personnel racing teams can have working at the track. To stay competitive, they have to have additional experts like analysts and aerodynamicists working as part of the team back at their HQs, often thousands of miles away.
A high-speed BT network provides Williams Martini Racing with digital connections from every Formula One circuit across the planet to the technicians at its base in Grove, Oxfordshire. Now, with accelerated worldwide data transfer, the entire team sees the possibilities of a time-critical competitive advantage.
Every piece of data generated at the track is now sent back to the factory in near real time. That really helps us improve the cars’ performance.”
- Graeme Hackland, IT Director, Williams Martini Racing
The technology behind the performance video.
The technology behind the performance video. 02:28
- A race car has around 200 sensors generating a huge amount of telemetry
- Each race produces between 60 and 80GB of raw data plus 60GB of video
- BT provides the global WAN, trackside LAN and the 40Gbps campus LAN at the Williams UK headquarters
- The BT global network enables data to be prioritised and sent to the UK in near real time for analysis
When the pressure’s on to get data flowing effortlessly around the globe one needs an expert partner who can be relied on to fix all the difficult bits anywhere.
Sometimes the bandwidth’s just not enough but it’s too expensive to add still more. Making the most of what you’ve got can often be the more intelligent network way to go.
End-to-end network integrity not only assures optimum performance but also secures data as it travels from data centre to desktop or smartphone and back.
View the full case study on SlideShare