- Products & Solutions
- Why BT
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work.
Visit one of our Showcases and see how we are bringing the Art of Connecting to life with interactive technology demonstrations.
Events / Where you can meet us
Current information about BT global wholesale portfolio
- About us
Enable your field crews to work more efficiently
Achieving efficiency when you have a large number of field workers is a challenge: one you need to meet in order to deliver consistently high customer service and drive down costs.
Intelligent scheduling means customer satisfaction
BT Field Force Automation enables you to effectively schedule your staff and equipment in the field so you can provide your customers with the right skills in the right place. You can expect:
- Reduced operational costs, on average 15 per cent, since fewer administration staff are required.
- Increased productivity with automated intelligent scheduling that reduces idle time and assigns jobs based on the nearest location.
- Optimised scheduling will also keep transportation costs to a minimum, reducing your carbon footprint.
- Fewer phone calls from the field since your field staff will be provided with detailed information about every job they are dispatched to.
- Added opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell customer enhancements using intelligence gathered from repeat callouts.
- Improved customer service and satisfaction as your field force responds faster and is more likely to provide a lasting fix, increasing customer loyalty.
Help your field force deliver first-class service
With a large number of field workers spread over an extensive territory, it’s challenging to deliver the responsive service your customers expect. We provide automation services across many industries including the public sector. We can help you manage the impact of field-labour cost increases, growth and new challenges.
BT can make it easier by:
- Making processes more efficient and ensuring that the right engineer arrives at the right place at the right time to enable a faster and more professional service to customers.
- Reducing recurring faults using intelligence collated from automatically generated staff reports to show how you can predict problems with customer awareness or hardware upgrades.
- Vehicle Tracking where your field workers and assets are at all times using global positioning system (GPS) devices, enabling intelligent scheduling and fulfilling duty of care to employees.
- Monitoring key performance indicators (KPI) with realtime reporting also helps you track the improvements generated by Field Force Automation.
- Providing a fully managed service, including 24/7 BT monitoring and maintenance by our in-house experts.
Comprehensive service backed by our expert support
BT developed Field Force Automation for our own use and invested 10 years perfecting it into the service we are now proud to be able to offer you. We can customise our services to suit your requirements, supply project management throughout implementation and provide ongoing support. Our demonstrable services include:
Automated job scheduling: powered by intelligent software that assigns tasks based on its knowledge of where your field staff are at all times and what their current workload is.
Proof of duty of care: enables you to meet European Union legal requirements. You will be able to track where your vehicles are in case of breakdown, or a hijack or kidnapping.
Detailed tracking and status updates: about the nature of callouts, repeat calls and how the fault was fixed. This enables you to see opportunities for standardising processes and demonstrates where key performance indicator targets are being met.
Access to BT consultants: our Automation experts will consult with you in the planning phases and be on hand during the implementation of your service. They can help you with:
- Business case preparation.
- Process re-engineering.
- Mobile device selection and mobile networks.
- Resource management, work allocation and dispatch.
- Field organisation and field engineering management.
- Project, change and implementation management.
- Attendance management.
- Duty of care.
- Service integration.
Who should buy
Recommended for companies with larger field crews
BT Field Force Automation can benefit any organisation with a large field-based workforce. To achieve a return on your investment, we recommend that you should have at least 500 field workers if you operate in developed nations (or 100 in the UK); and approximately 2,000 if you are located in a developing economy.
Our experience makes BT a leader in the field
We have more than a decade of experience in optimising our own field force of more than 25,000 people and reduced our operational costs by almost 15 per cent. Having faced the challenges of managing a large number of field engineers, we understand the problems you face as a result, and we have developed this services to help you.
Our experience with FFO covers a range of industries, giving our experts detailed knowledge of a variety of real operational environments.
As a global organisation, BT is widely recognised for innovation and thought leadership in every aspect of doing business.
Available globally. Please contact your BT account manager for specific country information.
Transforming the performance of your mobile workforce