- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Why BT
Our position and recognition in published analyst reports.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
BT technology supports Land Rover BAR in setting the standard for sustainability in sport
Supporting Sir Ben Ainslie’s bid to bring the America’s Cup home
Britain was the venue for the first America’s Cup contest in 1851. America took the trophy away, and Britain hasn’t won it back ever since. Four-time Olympic sailing gold medallist, Sir Ben Ainslie, has set out to change that. Leading the current British Challenge, Sir Ben says: “It’s been a burning ambition of mine since childhood to be a part of a winning British America’s Cup team.”
BT, the team’s Technology in Sustainability Partner, has helped create the Virtual Chase Boat. It’s taken real-time performance monitoring off the water, a vital part of the continual refinement of the catamaran’s design. And Land Rover BAR has become the first British sports team to achieve the ISO 20121 international sustainability standard. Game on.
The America’s Cup is, and always has been, a design race as much as a sailing race. BT are really helping us in that technical contest.”
- Sir Ben Ainslie, Principal, Land Rover BAR
British Challenger for the 35th America’s Cup sets sail with sustainable technology
BT technology is helping Land Rover BAR set the standard for sustainability in sport.
- Land Rover BAR is the first British sports team to achieve the ISO 20121 international sustainability standard
- Virtual Chase Boat takes real-time performance monitoring off the water
- BT experts work alongside Land Rover BAR at mission control in Portsmouth
- 400 channels of real-time data flood in direct from the America’s Cup race boat
- 16GB of uncompressed video data flows to a master database hosted in the BT cloud
- Design engineers and coaches monitor data in real time, and subsequently analyse results to provide performance feedback as soon as the sailing team’s off the water
Whether north, south, east or west, networking’s never a problem
When the pressure’s on to carry high-speed data the world over, BT IP Connect Global covers all compass points. So for Land Rover BAR, Portsmouth to the Bahamas and back again – in microseconds – is a breeze.
Innovation’s second nature to our professional services people
When it comes to finding sustainable solutions to the most demanding challenges, our professional services experts always have the wind in their sails.