- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Why BT
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Catch up on the thoughts and opinions of our experts in our blog.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
How we put our customer first.
- About us
We’re well placed to be your trusted partner as you digitally transform your business.
Where the exchange of fresh ideas and information gets up close and personal.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
- My Account
Protect your organisation
Fully integrated cyber security for your organisation
Organisations and governments maintain thousands of security, network and users devices which produce vast amounts of data. The challenge we face today is how to rapidly derive intelligence from that data, in real-time, to detect and prevent threats.
Our cyber security services will help you, in real-time, contextualise every relevant internal event with external intelligence, providing a rich picture of what is happening, whether what is happening is normal, and where trained analysts can look to identify, prevent, stop, and respond to threats.
With operations in over 180 countries supporting some of the world’s largest companies, from financial institutions to pharmaceuticals, we have a unique perspective on cybercrime. We know that an attack can happen anytime.
So we’ve built a team of 2,500 cyber security experts who are constantly watching, learning, predicting and responding to threats to protect us and our customers. So you can rely on us to protect you.
Our cyber security platform will allow you to:
- Enhance your situational awareness and reduce risk by bringing together multiple data sources.
- Determine immediately which systems may be under threat using our behaviour analytics capability.
- Classify threats and determine how serious the particular attack may be with our integrated cyber case and incident management system.
- Spot threats, respond quickly and demonstrate compliance with our visual dashboards.
- Detection and respond faster to risks, threats and vulnerabilities thanks to world class visualisation and analytic techniques on a single screen.
Effective cyber security improves the security of your business
To improve your security of your business, we recommend that you:
- Invest in a big data platform with data visual technology, so your analysts can reduce the time taken to detect genuine threats.
- Protect your organisation with a simplified incident response process, making it quicker to defend your assets.
- Avoid having data in multiple places and interrogated using multiple tools, because information might get missed.
- Invest in and integrate external intelligence feeds with internal security events.
- Enable a distributed big data platform so you have the capacity to deal with an ever-growing amount of threat intelligence.
How we can help
Managing your cyber security in-house can be complex and costly
We know the key challenges in professionally managing cyber security.
We use our Cyber Security Platform to protect ourselves and our customers as well as delivering Cyber Defence Operations to large nation states, large corporations, and the UK Government.
That’s why by working with BT we can help you to:
Decrease the time taken to identify and mitigate threats
Time costs money. The longer it takes to identify a threat, the more costly it is to remediate. Your threat dashboard may no longer be helping you to see the real threats quickly enough to take a proactive stance. Your data may be exposed for longer. Our service helps you decrease the time to identify and classify threats to your organisation.
Enhance your detailed security intelligence
It can be complex to make sense of both structured and unstructured data and contextualising it. Our analytics engine brings the best capabilities together to analyse and contextualise data for you.
Leverage the data you have
The amount of data available to inform your security decisions can be overwhelming. We help you make sense of the data and our analysts help you to outsource the drudgery of dealing with false positives.
Prevent Insider Threat
Wikileaks and Pastebin act as vehicles for confidential disclosure and therefore pose a threat to your company data. Cyber security platform approaches insider threat with machine learning analytics that recognises what ‘normal’ looks like and compares events against that normal. A malicious insider downloading or distributing confidential data in an unnatural way will be flagged and your analysts will investigate, intercept and respond to the threat.
Make the most of existing investments
You’ve already invested in specific analyst feeds or engines and want to make the most of that investment, but you may discover that you need other sources of intelligence. It’s costly to re-architect your solution or bring in new vendors. It’s time-consuming to work out what you need and who the best suppliers are, yet BT has invested in a cyber assessment lab and vendor-relationship management processes to take the guesswork, effort, and risk away from you.