- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Why BT
Our position and recognition in published analyst reports.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
BT showcases innovative solutions for the Retail sector at NRF
(13 January 2014)
BT and its partners are showcasing solutions designed to help international retailers at the National Retail Federation show
At the National Retail Federation conference this week in New York, BT and its partners are showcasing solutions designed to help international retailers, such as fashion, cosmetics and luxury brands, build an omnichannel strategy and deliver a great shopping experience to customers in key markets around the world.
As a global integration and innovation partner, BT helps international retailers optimize their inventory management and create a 360 degree brand experience for their own customers, including digital content marketing, point-of-sale and clienteling.
At the show, BT and its partners are demonstrating these capabilities, including:
- Inventory management to increase sales with better stock availability. RFID-enabled stock counting is up to 99 percent accurate, helping to keep shelves replenished, and to improve customer service and increase sales. Retailers can also extend RFID tagging throughout their supply chain, helping to bring down costs and improve operational efficiency. BT’s RFID-enabled inventory management solution, BT Trace for Retail, was initially launched in the UK and will now become available internationally.
- Clienteling and CRM that help retailers treat everyone like a VIP and build more personalized relationships with all customers. Clienteling is an electronic version of a sales associate’s ‘little black book’, bringing together information about what customers bought, how they prefer to pay, when and how they like to shop. The sales associate can then access all this information on a tablet device when helping the customer in store. The CRM solution will help retailers recognize customers (via their smartphone) when they come into the store and send them personal messages and offers that motivate them to buy on the spot. And by introducing free Wi-Fi into the store, retailers can make it easy for customers to share their experience and purchases on social media, adding to their enjoyment of shopping.
- Point of sale (POS) making it easy for customers to pay, by combining traditional pay points with sales associates circulating in store with mobile devices that take payment and email receipts directly to the customer. In addition, by linking the POS system to their inventory management system, retailers can enhance their single view of inventory. And when they link POS with their CRM applications, they can gather customer data at point of purchase.
These solutions are coupled with BT’s global professional services capability, BT Advise, to provide consultancy, design and implementation. Depending on customer requirements, the BT solutions for the retail sector can be delivered fully managed from BT’s cloud-based data centres.
Melanie Posey, Research Vice President at IDC, said: “BT offers international retailers the resources and infrastructure need to set up and run large-scale solutions around the world, including the fast growing markets of Asia and Latin America. BT is well positioned as an experienced global partner ready to help retailers establish omnichannel strategies that ensure consistent, high quality brand experiences for customers everywhere.”
Tom Wolf, Vice President, Consumer Packaged Goods for BT Global Services, said: “This is an exciting time to be a retailer. The distinction between online and offline is dead. Successful retailers must blend the digital and physical worlds so that customers have the same amazing experience however they shop. Our cloud based managed solutions and our consultancy services provide fashion, cosmetics and luxury brand retailers with a solid foundation to build the omnichannel infrastructure they need to innovate and deliver the same shopping experience in every new market.”
BT is one of the world’s leading providers of communications services and solutions, serving customers in more than 170 countries. Its principal activities include the provision of networked IT services globally; local, national and international telecommunications services to its customers for use at home, at work and on the move; broadband, TV and internet products and services; and converged fixed/mobile products and services. BT consists principally of four lines of business: BT Global Services, BT Retail, BT Wholesale and Openreach.
For the year ended 31 March 2013, BT Group’s reported revenue was £18,103m with reported profit before taxation of £2,315m.
British Telecommunications plc (BT) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BT Group plc and encompasses virtually all businesses and assets of the BT Group. BT Group plc is listed on stock exchanges in London and New York.
For more information, visit www.btplc.com
For futher information:
Senior PR & Corporate Relations Manager, Asia Pacific
+852 2532 3647
PDF - 491 KB
Increase sales and service with RFID solutions