- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Networks professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Cloud contact centres
- Contact recording and analytics
- Inbound services
- Onsite contact centres
- Self-service and queue-management platforms
- CRM solutions
- Why BT
Our position and recognition in published analyst reports.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Cloud-based contact centre puts sick leave reporting in order, saving costs and reducing absenteeism
Effective reporting and supervision in the cloud
When you’re feeling ill the last thing you want is to be hanging on the phone trying to get a message through to your boss. And your boss has enough things to think about to want to bother with HR processes.
Carrefour, a major employer in Argentina, called on BT for a cure to this problem. BT Cloud Contact was the key. Now sick employees dial a Freefone number. Everything’s handled in a single conversation. The boss, HR and the medical centre are all notified by email. And each case is followed up until the employee returns to work.
Before, sick-leave notification was decentralised and there wasn’t a single process. Now it only requires one free call, with minimal hassle.”
- Mariano Patané, Head of Workplace Health, Carrefour Argentina
- Carrefour in Argentina has 20,000 staff across almost 600 outlets, but there was no centralised system to report and manage sick absence
- The cost of absenteeism had increased from seven to 14 per cent between 1997 and 2014
- A BT professional services team worked with Carrefour to create a sickness and accident leave reporting channel
- The solution uses BT Cloud Contact with Freefone access
- In the first seven months it took 24,000 calls and helped cut absenteeism by 0.25 per cent, saving almost £600,000
- As well as making sick notification easier for employees, the system provides valuable statistical data
Scalable pay-as-you-go solution
BT Cloud Contact is a complete virtual contact centre solution that means customers can scale the number of agents quickly while only paying for what’s used on a per-agent, per-month basis. For Carrefour the resulting Medical Assistance Service (Servicio de Atención Médica or SAM in Spanish) is a BT Cloud Contact facility based at the Carrefour Argentina headquarters in Buenos Aires and integrated into the company’s HR systems.
Ask the experts
BT can provide a wide range of professional services and consultancy to help you improve the operational effectiveness of your organisation. BT professional services global consultancy teams come with in-depth expertise gained through 25-years’ experience of devising strategic technological solutions to meet specific business goals.
View the full case study on SlideShare