- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Cloud contact centres
- Contact recording and analytics
- Inbound services
- Onsite contact centres
- Self-service and queue-management platforms
- CRM solutions
- Why BT
Our position and recognition in published analyst reports.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Spanish ministry relies on BT for robust and secure corporate network interconnection node
Managing ballooning network traffic
As lieutenant-colonel in charge of the general-purpose wide area network for the Spanish Ministry of Defence, Emilio Rico Ruiz faced a huge challenge. He had to cater for an explosion in the use of networked services while ensuring the ministry’s connections were fully secure and always available.
A main internet interconnection node now links all the force’s corporate systems with the outside world. Thankfully, Emilio is able to rely on BT people working hand-in-hand with his team to ensure the node is always ready to serve the needs of the Ministry of Defence.
If I need to speak to someone from BT all I have to do is step outside my office. They’re right there. That’s handy for communication and essential for providing the quick, flexible service we require.”
- Emilio Rico Ruiz, Lieutenant-Colonel, Networks and Network Services, Spanish Ministry of Defence
- Soaring armed forces, emergency services and intra-governmental traffic levels
- Main internet interconnection node (iNET) upgraded
- 99.8% and 99.9% monthly and annual availability SLAs met
- 24/7 support provided by BT professional services team
In a cloud-based world, resilience is critical
In today’s virtual world, lightning-speed internet connectivity has to be matched by cast-iron availability guarantees. Expertly-designed redundant network architecture provides the reassurance the ministry seeks.
Keeping a sharp lookout at the network’s edge
Security services are never more tested than where a network meets the rest of the world, out at its perimeter. Safety measures built into the node’s hardware and software keep a steady eye on ministry traffic to and from the internet to combat hackers and worse
Having one’s friends close at hand
Highly qualified technicians on call around the clock mean emergencies are never allowed to escalate into dramas. The ministry gets that reassurance from an onsite professional service team
View the full case study on SlideShare