- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Cloud contact centres
- Contact recording and analytics
- Inbound services
- Onsite contact centres
- Self-service and queue-management platforms
- CRM solutions
- Why BT
Our position and recognition in published analyst reports.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
BT calculates a carbon saving 25-times higher than new regional broadband fibre network’s footprint
Broadband investment helps the planet
It’s one thing to say superfast broadband injects fresh life into the economies of places far from the booming capital; quite another to prove it. And harder still to show how the resulting stimulus also brings real sustainability benefits.
The BT Net Good programme finds new ways to assess sustainability and help customers cut emissions. Superfast Cornwall benefited from an unprecedented EU investment in broadband as a flagship project for its 2020 growth strategy. So BT was the natural choice to put the programme’s green credentials to the test.
Superfast broadband has already benefited the Cornish economy by nearly £200 million. That will increase to £250 million by 2016. It’s a magnificent illustration of the power of communications helping Cornwall flourish economically while staying clean and green for many years to come.”
- Dr Ranulf Scarbrough, BT Programme Director, Superfast Cornwall
- Superfast Cornwall is targeting to serve 99% of Cornwall and the Scilly Isles at 30Mpbs by 2020
- BT installed over 700 fibre-to-the-cabinet (FTTC) roadside connections
- Environmental benefit monitoring is an intrinsic theme
- Carbon saving estimated at 581,146 tonnes between 2011 and 2020
- Estimated saving per customer of one tonne of CO2 annually
Supporting rural communities
Superfast Cornwall is funded by the EU, BT and Cornwall Council. And it has been the model adopted by Broadband Delivery UK – an arm of the Department of Culture, Media and Sport – with £1 billion-plus to spend on mobile and broadband infrastructure.
BT Advise professional services team used the BT Net Good framework. Validated by the Carbon Trust, that aims to help BT customers cut emissions by at least three times the end-to-end carbon impact of BT’s own business by 2020.
Better broadband = better business
BT Advise sustainability experts considered five key areas where carbon savings can be expected. These included reduced business and consumer travel through telecommuting and e-commerce, and cloud services in place of servers at customer premises.
View the full case study on SlideShare