- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Why BT
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Catch up on the thoughts and opinions of our experts in our blog.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
How we put our customer first.
- About us
We’re well placed to be your trusted partner as you digitally transform your business.
Where the exchange of fresh ideas and information gets up close and personal.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
- My Account
Hosting services from BT help WIZZIT extend the reach of mobile banking to improve people’s lives
A passion for financial empowerment
South African-based WIZZIT is a financial inclusion pioneer, focusing on unbanked communities around the world. It engaged with BT to host its innovative mobile banking platform. With BT Cloud Compute the company cost effectively and securely serves banks worldwide. Service delivery is achieved in weeks not months, while costs have reduced by 90 per cent.
With 2.5 billion unbanked people worldwide, financial empowerment can make a real difference to their lives. Collaborating with BT is helping WIZZIT accelerate mobile banking deployment in developing markets like Mexico, Albania, and Brazil, as well as across Africa and beyond.
Working with BT we’ve been able to extend our global reach. It’s a powerful partnership. It’s allowing us to bring banking to the people. That will have a significant impact on financial inclusion worldwide.”
- Brian Richardson, Co-founder and CEO, WIZZIT International
- WIZZIT currently serves six million customers in 11 countries across three continents
- To reach an even broader market of unbanked people, WIZZIT needed a hosting partner
- The BT Cloud Compute infrastructure has nodes in 19 countries across five continents
- Moving to a cloud-based platform has accelerated deployment and reduced cost
- Individual transactions costs as low as 8 cents compared with perhaps $3.40 in a traditional banking model
- Working with BT has helped WIZZIT extend its global reach and satisfy the most stringent of banking security protocols
Underpinning global aspirations
The BT Cloud Compute platform offers the ability to rent virtual computing resources on a pay-as-you-go commercial model for periods from days to years. WIZZIT was attracted to BT because of this established hosting infrastructure and the ability to securely connect to that from almost anywhere in the world.
Agility in the cloud
WIZZIT found the beauty of a cloud solution is that no investment is required in hardware. Neither do its banking clients need specialist resources to run the system. A cloud-based platform can also enable faster deployment than traditional on-premise data centres.
Available globally, delivered locally
BT Compute services are available globally from BT datacenters, providing a full range of services from traditional telehousing and co-location, through to the latest infrastructure-as-a-service cloud offerings.
View the full case study on SlideShare