- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Why BT
Our position and recognition in published analyst reports.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
The value we deliver.
BT is one of the world’s leading providers of communications services and solutions, with customers in 180 countries.
BT in Sub Saharan Africa manages networked IT services, operating globally and delivering services to the local market to help our customers succeed in a changing world. BT has over 21 years’ experience in operating in Sub-Saharan Africa, with connectivity coverage in 43 countries. BT has legal entities in a number of these countries, which enables equipment importation and local billing where required.
With more than 200 ICT professionals, we are dedicated to helping over 300 customers in 700 locations, largely multinational organisations, to expand globally and within Africa.
Our portfolio strategy, the Cloud of Clouds, is a powerful combination of cloud services, IT integration skills, global network and professional security expertise. It allows you to connect easily and securely to the applications and data you need, regardless of where they’re hosted and where you’re based.
We’re well placed to be your trusted partner as you digitally transform your business.
BT: using technology to create new possibilities
At BT connections are our business. We are trusted by thousands of enterprises around the world, combining our global strength in networks, IT and innovation with local presence, expertise and delivery. Watch this video to find out how we can help you.
BT is already serving significant global and multinational companies in the Sub-Saharan African ICT market. By investing directly into infrastructure, we are optimistic that our expanded footprint will continue to deliver our world class services to more companies."
- Oliver Fortuin, Manging Director, BT in Sub Saharan Africa
- Today, BT supports our customers through our 3 regional offices and network Points of Presence (PoP’s) in the key metropolitan areas of Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban and offer a 24x7 network and customer support service center in Durban and Cape Town, that services 32 countries across the Middle East and African region:
- We offer a fully-fledged carrier grade voice service that includes number allocation and porting, utilising the SIP protocol. This network is incorporated within BT’s global voice network delivering traffic to almost all global destinations and offering value added services including ; global voice VPN’s, SIP clients that reduce roaming costs, and many more features.
- BT’s global media network extends to South Africa and Nigeria thereby enabling the delivery of high quality, real-time video content between South Africa, Nigeria and media hubs worldwide.
- International routing facilities at Melkbosstrand (SAT3), Yzerfontein (WACS), and Mtinzini (Seacom, EASSy and SAFE) landing stations provide for direct access to subsea cables, connecting Africa to the world.
- BT has fully launched MPLS and CPE countries though NNI (Internet Solutions) into South Africa, Nigeria, Mauritius, Kenya, Ghana, Tanzania, Mozambique, Anglo, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia and Zambia.
- BT has invested in its own owned network connection between Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban – making BT one of the first global operators in control of its own network infrastructure in South Africa.
- BT has deployed a cloud compute node in a strategic carrier neutral facility in Johannesburg, offering Infrastructure as a Service, which connects to 17 other global nodes. This investment into fiber network and POPs across Africa, places BT in a position to provide our customers with better support and enhanced network IT services, which is an essential business enabler.
- BT is also the central CPE provider to Morocco, Egypt, Nigeria and South Africa.
- BT offers enhanced security protection to all customers through Assure Threat Monitoring which protects organisations in many sectors of business and is widely used by leading banks and financial services companies, as well as other organisations targeted by cyber-attacks.
- BT partners with best of breed vendors and network expansion partners – including Avaya, Cisco, Microsoft, CMC and many more.
- Investing in the future is also important and BT today has Pan-African direct connectivity (not internet) into 300 Global Data Centers (Azure, Office 365, AWS etc.). Furthermore, BT is 1 of only 2 providers of Pan-African access to the SWIFT network, and has Pan-African Industrial IT Securitization Solutions. BT has also invested into the Lagos based global Internet Node and the Nairobi based global Internet Node.
View our infographic
View our infographic