Microsoft Lync specifications
Connect first time, every time with fully integrated comms.
- Multi-party HD video meetings. Lync meetings work up to 1080p HD resolution so participants see a sharp, clear display.
- Works with the kit you already have. You don’t need anything fancy to use Lync 2013’s video functions. It works with most monitors/screens and it’s easy to hook it up to AV equipment from most brands.
- Works with your Microsoft systems. As you’d expect, Microsoft Lync joins up seamlessly with Microsoft Office, Office 365 and other applications. Your users can get talking to each others with the ‘one-click’ functions in Outlook, SharePoint, OneNote etc.
- Mobile and web: faster, easier, more reliable. With better mobile and web clients, your people can collaborate however and wherever they like.
- Connect with Skype. Lync works with Presence for Skype so your Lync users will be able to use voice and instant messaging to talk to Skype users.
Flexible architecture to suit you. We’ll listen to you to create the best solution for your organisation: we can run Microsoft Lync on-site or cloud, or a hybrid. We look after your whole system: our partners are industry leaders in audio, video, and devices that connect home or business networks to the internet. And because our architecture’s modular, we’ll be able to quickly add additional servers and storage as your organisation grows.
Robust cloud infrastructure and no downtime. If you choose to run BT One Microsoft Lync as a cloud service, it works as a ‘private dedicated cloud’. Our architecture uses a regional dual data centre Metropolitan Area Network (MAN) design, in each of three regions – North and South America, Europe and Asia Pacific. The data centres are geographically separate, in pairs in each region. If something goes wrong at a data centre, there’ll be no interruption for your users because service continues from your region’s other data centre. We constantly monitor use and make sure both regional data centres are scaled to support all the users in the region.
Reliable expertise. We’re a fully certified Premier Support Lync Partner (PSLP). That’s the Microsoft-accredited seal of approval which says we give our customers all the support and Service Level Agreements they need to get Microsoft Lync working best for them.
Connect thousands of people: how it worked for Belfast Health & Social Care
Belfast Health and Social Care Trust chose us to be their single supplier of voice and data communications in a five-year deal worth up to £20 million. We're providing 17,000 users with innovative technology and an infrastructure to support healthcare across Northern Ireland. Read more »
The whole package from one expert provider. Connecting people and getting them talking is in our DNA. We think Unified Communications should be hand-in-hand with your voice calls system. So if you like, while we’re looking after your UC service, we can also deliver our BT One Voice global network and you can take advantage of our telecoms expertise through BT One Advise.
Licensing. Microsoft Lync is available in three editions:
- Instant Messaging and rich Presence (IM&P)
- Peer–to-peer (P2P) Audio & Video (AV) and file transfer
- Create, host and attend conferences with internal users
- All the ‘Standard’ features (as above)
- P2P and Multi-Party (MP) AV, web conferencing, file transfer, white-boarding, application and desktop sharing
- Create, host and attend conferences with internal and external users
- All the ‘Standard’ and ‘Enterprise’ features
- All voice capability (fixed and mobile) and call management