- Products & Solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Conferencing and collaboration
- Hosted UC services
- IP telephony
- Voice Virtual Private Network
- Unified communications solutions
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Mobile network services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world.
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world.
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news.
Our role as the Cloud Services Integrator.
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
Who we work with around the world.
Overview of our portfolio of products and services.
How our portfolio and investments in our people, processes and technology deliver a great customer experience.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
BT’s position and recognition in published analyst reports.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Cloud-based contact centre puts sick leave reporting in order, saving costs and reducing absenteeism
Effective reporting and supervision in the cloud
When you’re feeling ill the last thing you want is to be hanging on the phone trying to get a message through to your boss. And your boss has enough things to think about to want to bother with HR processes.
Carrefour, a major employer in Argentina, called on BT for a cure to this problem. BT Cloud Contact was the key. Now sick employees dial a Freefone number. Everything’s handled in a single conversation. The boss, HR and the medical centre are all notified by email. And each case is followed up until the employee returns to work.
Before, sick-leave notification was decentralised and there wasn’t a single process. Now it only requires one free call, with minimal hassle.”
- Mariano Patané, Head of Workplace Health, Carrefour Argentina
- Carrefour in Argentina has 20,000 staff across almost 600 outlets, but there was no centralised system to report and manage sick absence
- The cost of absenteeism had increased from seven to 14 per cent between 1997 and 2014
- A BT professional services team worked with Carrefour to create a sickness and accident leave reporting channel
- The solution uses BT Cloud Contact with Freefone access
- In the first seven months it took 24,000 calls and helped cut absenteeism by 0.25 per cent, saving almost £600,000
- As well as making sick notification easier for employees, the system provides valuable statistical data
Scalable pay-as-you-go solution
BT Cloud Contact is a complete virtual contact centre solution that means customers can scale the number of agents quickly while only paying for what’s used on a per-agent, per-month basis. For Carrefour the resulting Medical Assistance Service (Servicio de Atención Médica or SAM in Spanish) is a BT Cloud Contact facility based at the Carrefour Argentina headquarters in Buenos Aires and integrated into the company’s HR systems.
Ask the experts
BT can provide a wide range of professional services and consultancy to help you improve the operational effectiveness of your organisation. BT professional services global consultancy teams come with in-depth expertise gained through 25-years’ experience of devising strategic technological solutions to meet specific business goals.
View the full case study on SlideShare