- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Networks professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Conferencing and collaboration
- Hosted UC services
- IP telephony
- Voice Virtual Private Network
- Unified communications solutions
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Mobile network services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
Explore how our customers are achieving their digital possible.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world.
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world.
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news.
Our role as the Cloud Services Integrator.
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
Who we work with around the world.
Overview of our portfolio of products and services.
How we put our customers first.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
BT’s position and recognition in published analyst reports.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Ubiquity and security were key factors for EE in choosing BT to connect its 560 retail stores
Network helps transform the customer experience
EE retail outlets are busy places. The need for real time transactions means a fast, dependable network is business critical so EE chose to transition the company’s stores to a single network provider. And BT was able to provide the right secure services everywhere they were needed.
The next big initiative was to empower store staff with tablet computers over a BT provided and managed in-store wireless network. That inspired decision created an agile sales environment that’s helping transform the customer experience while boosting revenue per transaction.
The transition to BT was cost neutral but the advantage is that we now have a faster and fully resilient managed service linking all our stores.”
- Rob Purdy, Director IT Development and Vendor Management, EE
- Chosen in 2012, a BT WAN links 560 EE retail outlets
- EE selected BT for network ubiquity and security
- Increasingly stores are being connected over superfast broadband
- EE data centres linked via BT IP Connect at 1Gbps
- EE has a faster and fully resilient managed service linking all its stores
- BT now rolling out in-store Wi-Fi for greater business efficiency
Dependable network services
In today’s retail environment almost everything is done electronically. This makes the wide area network connecting retail stores with data centres and beyond an essential highway. Most EE stores are connected over Superfast Broadband at up to 80Mbps or ADSL at up to 24Mbps.
Sensitive data takes tight security
Security is paramount in a retail environment. BT provides EE with a range of managed security services from the BT Assure portfolio, helping the company conduct transactions with total confidence.
Secure Internet Gateways enable web traffic connectivity
Connection of stores to the two EE data centres is via BT IP Connect using twin bearers running at 1Gbps for class-leading 99.999 per cent availability.
In-store Wi-Fi allows customer engagement at the point of decision. This can help influence the purchase and raise revenue per transaction. Moreover key store apps, customer data, product information, ordering and check-out at store staff’s fingertips is improving customer service.
BT – the retail specialists
BT offers a unique combination of IT and communications services tailored for the retail sector including a host of specific retail applications and solutions that can boost efficiency and enhance the customer experience.