- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Conferencing and collaboration
- Hosted UC services
- IP telephony
- Voice Virtual Private Network
- Unified communications solutions
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Mobile network services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
Explore how our customers are achieving their digital possible.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world.
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world.
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news.
Our role as the Cloud Services Integrator.
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
Who we work with around the world.
Overview of our portfolio of products and services.
How we put our customers first.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
BT’s position and recognition in published analyst reports.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
BT Cloud Compute powers genetic analysis acceleration to spark healthcare revolution
Number-crunching by the terabyte
The power of computing is opening a whole new world for the Genome Institute of Singapore (GIS). Its inspirational vision ranges from individualised cancer treatments to beating fatal infections. And applied genomics is the key to this radical approach.
Using the latest gene-sequencing techniques, it involves number-crunching by the terabyte for multiple shared research pipelines. But the vast volumes of information produced were outstripping computing resources.
Niranjan Nagarajan and his colleagues realised a BT Cloud Compute solution would help process data hundreds of times faster. Now they’re set to hasten new analytical tools into the hands of medical researchers and clinicians worldwide.
The real challenge for GIS is no longer the analysis itself, but the vast amount of data produced during analysis that needs to be managed and stored. And this is where the cloud computing resources that BT provides really help us advance the science.”
- Niranjan Nagarajan, Associate Director, Computational and Systems Biology Genome Institute of Singapore
- 3.2 billion DNA base-pairs in the human genome
- Massive amounts of gene sequencing data are being generated
- BT Life Sciences team created a BT Cloud Compute architecture
- Huge acceleration in processing times matched by rapid analytical tools development
Stay ahead in a dynamic environment
Computing in the cloud offers near-limitless scalability with the agility to reconfigure and reallocate resources in minutes. In the dynamic GIS environment that virtual freedom is key to keeping its leading role in genetic science.
Let the force be with you
Having information technology specialists readily at hand to help create the right cloud computing architecture assures success and speeds time to benefit. That’s why GIS chose to work with a force of acknowledged experts
Use market-leading sector experience
Outside pharma and healthcare, very few companies maintain a life sciences centre of excellence. But BT does. Working alongside the BT cloud computing experts, members of that team brought their precise industry knowledge to bear on the GIS solution
View the full case study on SlideShare