- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Conferencing and collaboration
- Hosted UC services
- IP telephony
- Voice Virtual Private Network
- Unified communications solutions
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Mobile network services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
Explore how our customers are achieving their digital possible.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world.
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world.
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news.
Our role as the Cloud Services Integrator.
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
Who we work with around the world.
Overview of our portfolio of products and services.
How our portfolio and investments in our people, processes and technology deliver a great customer experience.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
BT’s position and recognition in published analyst reports.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
A BT and Cisco solution helps Milton Keynes University Hospital operate at peak performance
New network promises greater productivity
When Craig York became associate director of IT at Milton Keynes University Hospital, the meaning of ‘doctor, heal thyself’ was suddenly clear. So, faced with ailing, unreliable networks and schizoid voice switches, he sought someone to help sort things out. Someone with knowledge and experience of get-well projects in healthcare IT.
A BT professional services team recommended a Cisco solution. The business case suddenly added up; not only for now but also for the digital future. Immediate benefits include collaboration technology for doctors and multidisciplinary teams. And the stage is set for the introduction of digital clinical apps.
Ideas like unified communications and paperless working seemed in the realm of science fiction. Now clinicians can instantly and securely access the data and apps they need to work efficiently.”
- Craig York, Associate Director of IT, Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Need to update voice and data network technology
- BT business case showed potential savings of £11 million
- New fixed and wireless Cisco LAN and server-based voice platform
- Unified network with no downtime that’s simpler to manage
- Supported introduction of productivity tools like Cisco Jabber®
- Wireless network helping accelerate introduction of new clinical apps
Ask the experts
BT professional services unified communications consultancy can help evaluate the business benefits of improved communication and collaboration, as well as determine the best and fastest deployment strategy.
The new network at Milton Keynes University Hospital has seen the introduction of productivity tools like Cisco Jabber®. Part of the BT One unified communications portfolio, this means doctors can work more efficiently. They can, for example, see when colleagues and nurses are available and connect through voice, video and instant messaging.
Highly available network
The new Cisco-based hospital infrastructure features 10Gbps fixed and wireless local area networks with a server-based Cisco Unified Communications Manager voice platform from the BT One Enterprise portfolio. Using advanced features like Cisco CleanAir® Express technology, the wireless network has enhanced performance right across the entire campus.
View the full case study on SlideShare