- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Why BT
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Catch up on the thoughts and opinions of our experts in our blog.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
How we put our customer first.
- About us
We’re well placed to be your trusted partner as you digitally transform your business.
Where the exchange of fresh ideas and information gets up close and personal.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
- My Account
BT solution protects Telefónica against the risk of uncontrolled IP addresses and domain management
Beware the devil in the IP address detail
When a merger or acquisition is on the cards, due diligence looks at what’s lurking behind the financial sofa. But while some deals might fail for sleepy due diligence, more come undone through incompatibility of systems and business processes.
Look at the telecoms industry. Buying another company can cause the number of connected devices to explode. That’s good, isn’t it? More devices mean more revenue, surely? But Ruben Cervantes had seen first-hand the potential problems caused by failing to consider IP address management implications.
When he joined Telefónica Germany, Ruben found it was already using IPControl™ from BT Diamond IP. His smart move was to extend the solution to include acquired companies. Now as the company grows it’s virtually fireproof against the dangers of IP address conflicts, while IPv6 migration and DNS management are also assured.
In any major company you’ve got thousands of different systems and the resource needed to keep them up-to-date and optimally configured is mind-boggling. Putting that responsibility in the hands of BT Diamond IP gives us peace of mind.”
- Ruben Cervantes, Core Network Engineer and Hostmaster, Telefónica Germany GmbH
- Telefónica Germany needs to manage nearly 11 billion corporate and customer devices each with its own unique IP address
- Acquisitions had brought with them different IP address management systems and tools
- IPControl™ from BT Diamond IP was chosen to standardise processes
- BT Diamond IP professional services people supported Telefónica Germany in the task of reformatting data from legacy systems
- The BT solution is helping assure compliance, de-risk integration and merge different IT cultures
- Around 20 man-hours per month being saved
Flexible, scalable IPAM solutions
BT Diamond IP offers comprehensive IPv4 /IPv6 IP address management solutions including software, appliances and managed services to help customers manage complex IP networks.
The solution for Telefónica Germany comprises dual BT Diamond IP Sapphire EX20 servers running IPControl and dual Sapphire X5 servers for DNS services. A third tier – acting as a distribution layer for management, public and internal domains – consists of triple X5 servers.
View the full case study on SlideShare