- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Conferencing and collaboration
- Hosted UC services
- IP telephony
- Voice Virtual Private Network
- Unified communications solutions
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Mobile network services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
Explore how our customers are achieving their digital possible.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world.
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world.
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news.
Our role as the Cloud Services Integrator.
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
Who we work with around the world.
Overview of our portfolio of products and services.
How we put our customers first.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
BT’s position and recognition in published analyst reports.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Customers take advantage of free BT Wi-fi in Tesco stores across the UK and Republic of Ireland
Wi-fi helps shoppers get online
As part of the partnership, Tesco will use superfast BT Wi-fi service where available to boost stores’ bandwidth up to 76Mbps, to give customers an even better online experience.
BT Wi-fi provides shoppers with the connectivity they increasingly expect. It also creates a platform for Tesco to further bring the in-store and online shopping experiences closer together for the benefit of its customers.
We were the first supermarket in the UK to offer free wi-fi and the first to launch online shopping. We’re now bringing these innovations together to put our customers in control with a better, simpler, service that provides more value than ever before.”
- Matt Dearsley, Head of Technical Services Programmes,Tesco
- 44 per cent of people use wi-fi in shops to browse items or compare prices
- BT Wi-fi superfast service will boost Tesco stores’ bandwidth up to 76Mbps
- Customers simply select ‘Tesco Wi-fi’ or ‘BT’ on their smartphones or tablets
- Tesco has rolled out the free service to 806 stores in the UK and 113 stores in the Republic of Ireland
- BT operates the UK’s largest wi-fi network , with more than five million hotspots
Connectivity is an increasingly important part of the customer experience. From retailing to banking, customers expect the same connectivity on the move as they get in their homes or workplaces.
Know your customers
The BT Wi-fi partnership with Tesco gives customers the connectivity they expect. Wi-fi is a great way to attract more customers through your doors and get to know them better.