- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Conferencing and collaboration
- Hosted UC services
- IP telephony
- Voice Virtual Private Network
- Unified communications solutions
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Mobile network services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
Explore how our customers are achieving their digital possible.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world.
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world.
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news.
Our role as the Cloud Services Integrator.
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
Who we work with around the world.
Overview of our portfolio of products and services.
How our portfolio and investments in our people, processes and technology deliver a great customer experience.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
BT’s position and recognition in published analyst reports.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
BT Customer Commitment gives Worcestershire County Council an entry into unified communications
Avoiding costs in a painless transition
When Worcestershire County Council set in motion its digital strategy, it had high hopes of migrating smoothly to unified communications. But telephony was a potential spanner in the works. Could the Council move its complex estate of 1,200 traditional phone lines onto a data network without massive disruption or expense?
Dawn Brant, in charge of all the County’s contracts, put that question to BT as the incumbent telephony provider. And BT came up trumps, rolling forward the Council’s existing calls package into an arrangement that could fluently accommodate its future plans.
Flexibility is the main thing, and that’s what this deal gives us. Complete flexibility over moving or closing offices, switching from legacy to new provision, and growing or shrinking that provision whenever we want.”
- Dawn Brant, ICT Commercial and Contracts Manager, Worcestershire County Council
- Council aims to reduce overall communications costs by 10 per cent
- Savings needed from the telephony estate connecting 234 schools and 25 libraries across a large rural area
- Migration of more than 300 ISDN channels to SIP services that support multimedia as well as voice
- Rationalisation of underutilised lines and new BT Customer Commitment Inclusive calls package matched to future needs
- SIP provides the council with greater flexibility to streamline telephony services plus added business resilience
- Costs expected to fall by 10 per cent after 18 months, in line with the business case
Cloud-based voice services boost resilience
Delivered from the cloud, BT One Voice SIP trunk UK services can reroute as required, enhancing business continuity. Because SIP provides full resilience there’s no need to purchase spare links. BT SIP channels can be re-pointed to another site automatically in accordance with pre-determined fail-over plans.
Great results from detailed analysis
BT proposed taking the current calls package – BT Customer Commitment Inclusive – and applying it to the Council’s future needs. By analysing traffic on the traditional phone lines, BT was able to calculate the number of minutes that would travel over SIP, forming the basis of the revised contract.
Helping deliver improved services at reduced cost
At BT we work with more than 400 local authorities across the country. Through this depth and breadth of experience we understand the key challenges facing Local Government – and how to solve them.
View the full case study on SlideShare