- Products & services
- Business exchange lines
- Calls packages
- Lines packages
- Value Add analytics
- Cloud contact centres
- Contact recording and analytics
- Inbound services
- Onsite contact centres
- Self-service and queue-management platforms
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Mobile network services
- Secure remote access
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Professional services for networks
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Intelligence
- Air logistics
- Asset tracking
- End-to-end visibility
- Inventory management
Unified communication and collaboration (UCC) solutions to transform the way you work with colleagues, suppliers and customers around the world
Get expert analysis of the issues facing your network and a tailored approach to keeping it safe
Help my organisation grow with a network at the heart of my operations
Get tailored IT solutions to give your organisation the flexibility to stay competitive
Get mobility solutions designed to help your organisation operate efficiently and competitively in a changing world.
Give me the tools to manage my customer relationships cost-effectively and keep my customers happy
Helping connect your business and technology through communications-centric professional services.
Optimise the organisational efficiency of your supply chain with greater visibility of your goods and assets
Get expert advice to help your organisation become more sustainable
- Why BT
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Visit one of our Showcases and see how we are bringing the Art of Connecting to life with interactive technology demonstrations.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Who we work with around the world
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Connecting global logistics for a better future
BT provides networked IT services for global logistics providers, airlines and port operators giving them:
- Faster, more accurate delivery
- Better supply chain visibility
- Superior customer service
- Optimized asset utilization.
- We have co-innovation programmes with global logistics giants like DHL and TNT
- 15 out of 20 top airlines are BT customers, including Lufthansa, Emirates, Etihad and Air China
- The busiest trans-shipment container port in the world depends on BT.
We provide specialised services for the different types of organisation in the logistics industry, like:
- supply chain visibility solutions for third party logistics providers (3PLs)
- customs clearance services for air freight forwarders, cargo handlers and carriers
- resource optimisation systems for container terminal operators.
We also have vast experience and expertise in providing the communications and IT infrastructure, like networks and contact centres, which underpin the critical business operations of logistics companies throughout the world.
Have a good look round and Enquire Now if there’s anything you need.
- We have helped a major 3PL take 38% off their network costs, enabling them to deliver goods more quickly and cheaply
- We have helped one of the fastest growing world airlines cut its average call handling time down by 30 seconds and improve customer service by combining their 70 contact centres across the globe into 1 virtual one
- And we have helped one very large container terminal customer increase throughput by 25%, by automating their processes and integrating their systems.
We asked our customers “What’s driving change in your industry?” The answers all came down to 4 mega trends affecting global trade:
1 Unbalanced economy In Europe and the US the economy is still struggling. But in Asia-Pacific and Latin America there’s rapid growth and an urgent need to invest to seize the opportunity. And there’s a lot of uncertainty, making infrastructure investment risky.
2 Instant globalisation Trade has existed throughout human history. But what has changed more than anything is speed – not just speed of delivery, but speed at which information has to be exchanged across increasingly complex and globalised supply chains.
3 Power of the individual A lot of this is driven by consumer expectations. Online shopping is structurally altering traditional distribution channels. Third party logistics providers have to be more competitive and differentiated to seize the opportunity.
4 End to limitless resources And we are all gradually coming to realise that the world’s resources are not limitless after all. We have to reduce carbon emissions, pollute less and act with a greater sense of environmental responsibility.
For logistics providers (3PLs, 4PLs, contract logistics, transport providers and shipping companies), which have to operate at incredibly tight margins, it’s all about squeezing more efficiency out of your operation. Sometimes the only way to do that is through innovation – coming up with something none of your competitors have thought of to differentiate yourself in your marketplace.
See the ‘TNT BT Global Trace case study’ on how BT has been working with one of its major 3PL customers to innovate and launch new services.
For airlines the key opportunity is to improve customer experience from the time of the booking throughout their journey, and that means (among other things) collaborating more closely with airports, reaping the efficiencies of customer self-service and building beneficial customer relationships. BT provides managed contact centres so you can deliver great customer service.
For ports the key is to maximise asset utilisation, turn container ships around faster, and minimise unproductive movements. BT provides a container port resource optimisation system, along with all the communications infrastructure needed to make it work.
Logistics providers need to win and retain more outsourced contracts, improving accuracy, timeliness and service. BT’s services help by:
- Extending your global footprint to support client expansion plans
- Achieving end-to-end supply chain visibility to maximise efficiency, accuracy and avoid waste
Airlines need to attract more freight (and passengers), differentiating on superior customer service. BT’s services help by:
- Having a single view of the customer, with real-time booking and trading information, accessible from all customer service points
- Offering secure and efficient online booking and customer self-service kiosks
- Utilising a flexible a global network to support sustainable route expansion.
- Monitoring shipments across the airfreight community by putting carriers, handlers and forwarders on a common platform
Ports need to maximise profitability and optimise asset utilisation. BT’s services help by:
- Speeding up vessel turnaround and maximising terminal productivity with networked operational management systems
- Minimising unloaded plant movements by using systems that communicate dynamically with RTG, crane and truck drivers
- Integrating communications with hinterland rail, road and barge operators
- Providing prompt, accurate and consolidated billing through integration of disparate systems.