- Products & servicesProducts & services
View our range of products and services, and learn how they can help you meet your communication needs.
For valuable discounts when you commit to minimum usage levels.
Powerful services that can save you money while strengthening your capabilities.
BT Connect, Networks that think. Services to connect you to employees, customers, and the world
Robust products to build a sustainable business with added security and resilience.
Collaborate more efficiently with employees, suppliers, customers and business partners
Complete contact management solutions for organisations aspiring to world class customer service
Powerful mobility services to improve productivity and enable better customer service.
Effective services to help you improve the operational efficiency of your organisation.
A portfolio of solutions that accesses and manages information and assets at different points throughout the supply chain
Our solutions help you become more efficient, sustainable and secure. View a selection of our solutions, that show how our products and services work together.
Get mobility solutions designed to help your organisation operate efficiently and competitively in a changing world.
Get expert advice to help your organisation become more sustainable
Get tailored IT solutions to give your organisation the flexibility to stay competitive
Optimise the organisational efficiency of your supply chain with greater visibility of your goods and assets
Unified communication and collaboration (UCC) solutions to transform the way you work with colleagues, suppliers and customers around the world
Help my organisation grow with a network at the heart of my operations
Get expert analysis of the issues facing your network and a tailored approach to keeping it safe
Give me the tools to manage my customer relationships cost-effectively and keep my customers happy
Helping connect your business and technology through communications-centric professional services.
We understand how many vertical industries work. We have the knowledge and assets that help them work better. Learn how we can help you.Corporate
- Financial Markets
- Retail and Private Banking
- Wholesale Banking and Payments
- Why BTWhy BT
All you need, from one partner, to connect you for a better future. Explore what we can do for you.
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
How we’re building a better world
Join us to explore fresh ideas
- Let's TalkLet's Talk
Follow us on all the leading social networks. Keep up with the latest news and views, and join the conversation
- My Account
BT for Life Sciences R&D Connect
BT for PharmaceuticalEnquire now
R&D Connect - powered by Aspera high-speed transfer
Global collaboration drives scientific research but concerns over regulations, security, technology integration and how to efficiently share vast amounts of research data stand in the way of truly global research partnerships.
The cloud-based Life Sciences R&D Platform from BT and Aspera addresses the industry’s unique challenges in delivering a secure collaborative environment, linking your teams, R&D applications and leveraging your existing IT investments. It delivers the high quality required by life sciences companies, meets regulatory standards and enables you to move research data globally with unparalleled speeds.
Life sciences companies are currently facing a daunting 'data deluge' produced by often tens of gigabytes of data for experimental runs. They need to optimise, manage, transfer, store and protect the vast quantities of data that is being created. To help move these huge data sets around the world, BT for Life Sciences R&D Connect provides breakthrough high-speed file transfer technology, enabling truly global collaboration in life sciences research.
To optimise the constant movement of that data, BT for Life Sciences R&D builds on the BT Connect portfolio of network solutions and leverage's Aspera’s unique fasp™ high-speed transfer technology, providing secure, predictable and scalable transfers regardless of the size of data, the distance between the endpoints and network conditions.
Aspera’s patented fasp™ protocol eliminates the fundamental bottlenecks of conventional file transfer technologies. It provides high-speed, reliable end-to-end transport over public and private networks fully utilizing available bandwidth, independent of network delays and is able to deal with extreme packet loss. Built around that protocol, Aspera’s software delivers data transfers that are up to 1000 times faster than traditional technologies, managed through an intuitive user interface, with real-time visual monitoring and bandwidth utilization and allocation sharing controls, and secured through sophisticated authentication, data encryption and data integrity verification.
Flexible, high-availability platform
- Fully managed infrastructure with 99.95% uptime and 24/7/365 service
- Provides a variety of options to configure operating system, performance levels, load balancing, backups, firewall and antivirus protection
Management and administration
- Connect to other IP networks (including N3 for health customers), configure amount of internet bandwidth in fixed or burstable configurations
- Full performance reporting through portal for the virtual server, storage and network
- Designed to meet the majority of regulatory regimes around the world
- Built-in lifecycle evidence, control assurance and data segmentation
High-speed data transfers
- Send data at high speed, regardless of size, transfer distance or network conditions
- Precise bandwidth control ensures the entire allocated bandwidth is utilized to achieve maximum transfer speeds, while remaining fair to other network traffic
- Advanced scripting options enable transfer automation and custom processing
Bulletproof transfer security
- SSH authentication and AES-128 data encryption in transit and at rest
- Integrity verification for each transmitted data block guards against man-in-the-middle, replay and denial-of-service attacks
BT already delivers compliant services for the pharmaceutical industry, operates the world’s largest financial services community and provides the world’s largest healthcare network. More importantly, we do all of this in a secure environment with data segmentation processes that are world class. We will also help you plan your migration from a physical to a virtual environment.
BT manages 2,200 platforms for 1,500+ customers around the world. Our scalable, flexible cloud services – integrated with the underlying network – are supported by:
- A focused investment in the cloud, to extend our reach and capabilities
- 45 global data centres with 500million sq ft capacity
- Global network access in 170 countries
- 4,500 IT professional services experts, executing transformation plans
- $1billion investment in innovation each year – and creation of a global innovation platform
- A unique Client Compliance Services Centre of Excellence supporting our many GxP-regulated customers
- One of the largest security and business continuity practices in the world, with over 1,300 security professionals globally
- We monitor more than 100,000 customer devices from our Security Operations Centres around the world
To learn more, please Enquire now or get in touch with your BT Account Manager.