- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Conferencing and collaboration
- Hosted UC services
- IP telephony
- Voice Virtual Private Network
- Unified communications solutions
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Mobile network services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
Explore how our customers are achieving their digital possible.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world.
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world.
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news.
Our role as the Cloud Services Integrator.
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
Who we work with around the world.
Overview of our portfolio of products and services.
How we put our customers first.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
BT’s position and recognition in published analyst reports.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Press release: BT again a leader in the Asia Pacific Next Generation Telecom Services market according to IDC MarketScape
DC13-404 (28 November 2013)
For the fourth year running, IDC recognises BT’s strategy, capabilities and momentum in Asia-Pacific
BT today announced it has retained its position as a “leader” in the IDC MarketScape: Asia Pacific Next-Generation Telcos – ICT Services 2013-2014 Vendor Analysis*.
In the report, IDC underlines BT’s commitment to the Asia Pacific region through continued investments in networks, services portfolio and people, and recognises how BT is continuing to build its customer base. Specifically, IDC highlights BT’s strengths in the following key areas:
- Differentiation through vertical sector knowledge. “BT has expanded the number of verticals from the original four to ten verticals as it builds its expertise and solution portfolio in each of those verticals. It is a leading provider to-date to offer vertical cloud solutions highlighting the success the company is having with its industry tailored solutions. It demonstrates thought-leadership and innovation”.
- Leading in the area of innovation. “BT takes the lead in the area of innovation with a number of in-region collaboration programs with customers, partners and institutions.”
- Strong professional services capabilities critical for large transformation deals. “Professional services capability is one of BT’s key strengths critical for large transformation deals and expanding each year to provide deeper first-level professional services engagement with customers”
- Continuing to build local customer base. “BT has been successful in clinching local contracts and Asian-based logos in the recent 1-2 years.”
Charles Anderson, Associate VP and Head of Telecoms & Mobility at IDC Asia Pacific said: “BT has been very committed to continuing to invest and enhance its capabilities in the region. Over the past 12 months, BT has launched numerous new offerings and service enhancements to its already broad portfolio of services in Asia Pacific. All these investments show that BT does not rest on its laurels but continues to strive for service excellence to better serve its customers.”
Kevin Taylor, President, BT Asia, Middle East & Africa said, “We are very pleased and honoured to receive this recognition from IDC for the fourth year in a row. It validates our strategy of investing in technology, people and processes, and recognises our deep industry expertise in the Asia Pacific region. We will continue to improve our capabilities, collaborate closely with our partners and customers, and launch more innovative services to help our customers maintain their competitive advantages. We are determined to help them succeed in a rapidly changing world with innovative technology, best-in-class expertise and great service.”
To view the full report: http://to.idc.asia/IDCMarketScapeExcerpt_BT*Source: IDC MarketScape: Asia/Pacific Next-Generation Telcos – ICT Services 2013-2014 Vendor Analysis (Doc# AP3053307V), October 2013
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. The capabilities score measures vendor product, go-to-market and business execution in the short-term. The Strategy score measures alignment of vendor strategies with customer requirements in a 3-5-year timeframe. Vendor market share is represented by the size of the circles.
BT is one of the world’s leading providers of communications services and solutions, serving customers in more than 170 countries. Its principal activities include the provision of networked IT services globally; local, national and international telecommunications services to its customers for use at home, at work and on the move; broadband and internet products and services and converged fixed/mobile products and services. BT consists principally of four lines of business: BT Global Services, BT Retail, BT Wholesale and Openreach.
For the year ended 31 March 2013, BT Group’s reported revenue was £18,103m with reported profit before taxation of £2,315m.
British Telecommunications plc (BT) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BT Group plc and encompasses virtually all businesses and assets of the BT Group. BT Group plc is listed on stock exchanges in London and New York.
For more information, visit www.btplc.com
PR & Corporate Relations Manager, BT GSUK