- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Networks professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Conferencing and collaboration
- Hosted UC services
- IP telephony
- Voice Virtual Private Network
- Unified communications solutions
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Mobile network services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
Explore how our customers are achieving their digital possible.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world.
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world.
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news.
Our role as the Cloud Services Integrator.
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
Who we work with around the world.
Overview of our portfolio of products and services.
How we put our customers first.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
BT’s position and recognition in published analyst reports.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Public Sector Broadband network contract awarded
(8 October 2014)
The Welsh Government has announced that BT has been awarded a multi- million pound seven-year contract to operate the Wales-wide public sector broadband network.
The Welsh Government has today announced that British Telecommunications PLC (BT) has been awarded a multi- million pound seven-year contract to operate the Wales-wide public sector broadband network.
The Public Sector Broadband Aggregation (PSBA) network enables public service organisations ranging from hospitals and local government offices to schools and emergency services to achieve better value for money in their use of broadband communications.
There are currently more than 80 public service organisations using the PSBA wide area network supporting 4000 public sites across Wales.
Economy Minister Edwina Hart said: “The PSBA contract benefits public service organisations throughout Wales by making significant savings whilst continuing to provide people with valuable and effective services.
“The network also provides increasing opportunities for Welsh public services to work together to improve service delivery. I am pleased we have today signed an agreement with BT to deliver this ground breaking communications network service.”
Deputy Minister for Skills and Technology, Julie James said: “PSBA is a unique service providing a robust infrastructure for the public sector.
“It is also playing a key role in our vision to see Wales become one of the world’s most connected digital nations. I look forward to working with BT to deliver networking benefits which will support our public services.”
Ian Dalton, president, Global Government and Health, BT Global Services, said: “Working together with the Welsh Government and the PSBA Recipient Organisations, we’re delighted to be bringing new, ground-breaking communications services to Wales. We know that having a great infrastructure can really improve efficiency and the delivery of better joined up services. The exciting evolution of the PSBA will allow us to support the changing needs of citizens and the public sector across Wales.”
- PSBA is a managed network service which connects nearly all areas of the public sector in Wales to a private network (essentially a secure Internet for public sector use only). All local authorities use PSBA, 20 of the 22 using it for all networking needs. All police forces, fire and rescue, Higher and Further education, GPs and hospitals, Natural Resources Wales, Welsh Government and a number of non-sector organisations use PSBA.
- The PSBA network service which was launched in 2007 is the only one of its kind in the UK and supports public bodies to work collaboratively as well as deliver efficient networking services to meet the needs of people in Wales.
- PSBA enables Health Care professionals across Wales to work more collaboratively, ensuring a more efficient service for the people of Wales.
- The strength of the PSBA network has been an important element in allowing universities and colleges to collaborate effectively across Wales. PSBA provides universities and colleges across Wales with the leading-edge and reliable services they need to deliver education across the whole of Wales and to play their part in solving today’s largest research challenges.
- PSBA allows fire and rescue to operate effectively under pressure, supporting quicker response times, electronically linking with other ‘blue light’ services in Wales so requests for assistance between police, fire and ambulance can be handled electronically. It also underpins the collaborative resilience between fire services in Wales which in the event of a catastrophic failure or overload of one or more control rooms, allows the three services to support each other.
- PSBA has supported the provision of enhanced internet connectivity to schools. This facilitates access to Hwb, the all Wales Virtual Learning Environment.
BT is one of the world’s leading providers of communications services and solutions, serving customers in more than 170 countries. Its principal activities include the provision of networked IT services globally; local, national and international telecommunications services to its customers for use at home, at work and on the move; broadband, TV and internet products and services; and converged fixed/mobile products and services. BT consists principally of five lines of business: BT Global Services, BT Business, BT Consumer, BT Wholesale and Openreach.
For the year ended 31 March 2014, BT Group’s reported revenue was £18,287m with reported profit before taxation of £2,312m.
British Telecommunications plc (BT) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BT Group plc and encompasses virtually all businesses and assets of the BT Group. BT Group plc is listed on stock exchanges in London and New York.
For more information, visit http://www.btplc.com/
All news releases can be accessed at: http://www.btplc.com/News
For further information:
Senior PR Manager