- Products & services
Products & services
View our range of product and services, and learn how they can help you meet your communication needs.
For valuable discounts when you commit to minimum usage levels.
Powerful services that can save you money while strengthening your capabilities.
BT Connect, Networks that think. Services to connect you to employees, customers, and the world
Robust products to build a sustainable business with added security and resilience.
Complete contact management solutions for organisations aspiring to world class customer service
Powerful mobility services to improve productivity and enable better customer service.
Effective services to help you improve the operational efficiency of your organisation.
Collaborate more efficiently with employees, suppliers, customers and business partners
Our solutions help you become more efficient, sustainable and secure. View a selection of our solutions, that show how our products and services work together.
Get mobility solutions designed to help your organisation operate efficiently and competitively in a changing world.
Get expert advice to help your organisation become more sustainable
Save money and boost your efficiency by simplifying your operations
Give me the tools to manage my customer relationships cost-effectively and keep my customers happy
Optimise the organisational efficiency of your supply chain with greater visibility of your goods and assets
Help my organisation grow with a network at the heart of my operations
Get expert analysis of the issues facing your network and a tailored approach to keeping it safe
Get tailored IT solutions to give your organisation the flexibility to stay competitive
Expert help from BT to tailor a solution that fits your requirements
We understand how many vertical industries work. We have the knowledge and assets that help them work better. Learn how we can help you.
- Financial Markets
- Retail and Private Banking
- Wholesale Banking and Payments
- Why BT
All you need, from one partner, to connect you for a better future. Explore what we can do for you.
What we can do for you and the resources to do it
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
Explore the opportunities for talent available at BT
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Talk to us, we're waiting to hear how we can help you
Where the exchange of fresh ideas and information gets up close and personal
See how you can manage your services online with My Account
How we are helping customers become more sustainable though network-enabled ICT
How we are making a better future for people, enterprises and the environment
Whatever your communications needs, we’re sure we have the products and services to meet them
Explore our demonstrations and see how we can help you meet your communication needs
Joining our strengths with partners helps give you the very best across the globe
Operating globally, delivering locally
News, views and informed opinion on trends and issues around the globe. Join in the discussion with us.
Explore the big issues with us as we bring on the latest insight on the hottest topics around the globe
From the latest BT press releases to the local news in your region, learn more here.
Follow us on all the leading social networks. Keep up with the latest news and views, and join the conversation
- My Account
Products & services
Air Logistics Messaging Services
Web ref - 60016
Enjoy fast communication with your Air transport partners
Communication within the air logistics community has been hampered by the industry's legacy of disparate messaging platforms.
BT Air Logistics can provide you with a choice of interfaces to suit your requirements, ranging from low-cost internet solutions to high security dedicated communications links. These channels provide a fast, reliable data exchange between airlines, freight forwarders, ground handlers and customs authorities.
High-performance messaging through a variety of interfaces
BT Air Logistics Messaging Services supply the air cargo industry with a flexible communication interface that:
- Enables you to access a broad range of critical business information.
- Ensures that you can communicate easily with all your business partners.
- Helps reduce the overhead costs of your communications management.
- Encourages fast interactive dialogue with your collaborators.
- Saves time and cost spent tracking cargo via telephone call, fax or email.
- Provides a secure, reliable communications platform.
- Helps speed up your delivery times.
- Can help you to improve your customer service.
- Is fully compliant with International Air Transport Association (IATA) messaging standards and regulations.
Configured with speed, simplicity and security in mind
Air Logistics Messaging Services can benefit your air freight organisation by:
Delivering fast and accessible communications: Messaging Services present a flexible interface, which:
- Provides high-performance message translation, enabling you to communicate across platforms in realtime.
- Converts between different versions of the same message, allowing all parties to share detailed information.
- Makes use of a variety of modern, reliable communication and interface mechanisms.
Ensuring simplicity of use: Messaging Services are easy to use, enabling data exchange and:
- Integrating the internet and other modern interface techniques with traditional EDI messaging.
- Reducing the amount of cost and effort required to update existing applications to support communication between air freight partners.
- Supporting all commonly exchanged standard air freight messages and formats.
- Supporting non-standard and proprietary messages, enabling information exchange with other organisations and interested parties.
- Enabling instant exchange of information, including status, schedule and consignment updates, between participants.
- Has the potential to be extended to include other industries and organisations or even additional platforms.
Maintaining integrity of information: Messaging Services are configured with secure communication in mind to:
- Protect the integrity of all data, supporting secure paperless exchanges of information between contributing parties.
- Provide reliable delivery of time-critical information, improving quality of service.
Successful messaging is now easy, universal and compliant
BT Air Logistics Messaging Services provide cost-effective, convenient access to a range of critical business information. Your organisation gains the ability to share information with other users throughout the air freight industry supply chain. Our range of services can help reduce costs, speed up delivery times and improve customer service.
The heart of BT Messaging Services is a high-performance International Air Transport Association (IATA) compliant messaging switch that enables fast and efficient exchange of information whilst minimising the impact on your legacy systems. The switch receives your messages in the format that you can support and decides whether they need to be converted into a format supported by the recipient, before forwarding them on.
Connecting to BT Air Logistics Messaging Services helps you to maximise profitability and performance through better systems integration and reduced development workload.
Automatic translation into any medium
BT Air Logistics Messaging Services translate between different messaging formats including:
- Cargo Interchange Message Procedures (CargoIMP)
- Electronic Data Interchange for Administration, Commerce and Transport (EDIFACT)
- Cargo IMP version of EDIFACT (CargoFACT)
- American Standard Code for Information Interchange (ASCII)
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
Messaging Services interlink the Internet with traditional Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) messaging. Our services are fully International Air Transport Association (IATA) messaging compliant.
Are BT Messaging Services right for you?
BT Air Logistics Messaging Services will be particularly useful if your air freight organisation is looking to:
- Communicate effectively with other airlines, forwarders and customs.
- Save time and costs devoted to telephone calls and investigations locating missing or delayed shipments.
- Enhance your business performance and speed-up delivery times.
- Protect the integrity of your data.
- Achieve industry compliance.
- Improve customer service.
This product is available worldwide
BT has over 35 years of air logistics experience
BT has pioneered the use of air cargo solutions that deliver seamless information exchange, carry out essential customs processes and improve visibility across the supply chain.
BT is well placed to support the Air Logistics industry as it tackles increasing competitive pressures and regulation. BT is a very proactive member of Cargo 2000 and has provided customs, messaging and freight management solutions during the last 35 years. We also have a presence in 170 countries worldwide, and BT's UK customs service is used by over 720 traders in 580 companies, processing 95 per cent of all goods imported into the UK by air.