- Products & services
Products & services
View our range of product and services, and learn how they can help you meet your communication needs.
For valuable discounts when you commit to minimum usage levels.
Powerful services that can save you money while strengthening your capabilities.
BT Connect, Networks that think. Services to connect you to employees, customers, and the world
Robust products to build a sustainable business with added security and resilience.
Collaborate more efficiently with employees, suppliers, customers and business partners
Complete contact management solutions for organisations aspiring to world class customer service
Powerful mobility services to improve productivity and enable better customer service.
Effective services to help you improve the operational efficiency of your organisation.
A portfolio of solutions that accesses and manages information and assets at different points throughout the supply chain
Our solutions help you become more efficient, sustainable and secure. View a selection of our solutions, that show how our products and services work together.
Get mobility solutions designed to help your organisation operate efficiently and competitively in a changing world.
Get expert advice to help your organisation become more sustainable
Save money and boost your efficiency by simplifying your operations
Give me the tools to manage my customer relationships cost-effectively and keep my customers happy
Optimise the organisational efficiency of your supply chain with greater visibility of your goods and assets
Help my organisation grow with a network at the heart of my operations
Get expert analysis of the issues facing your network and a tailored approach to keeping it safe
Get tailored IT solutions to give your organisation the flexibility to stay competitive
Expert help from BT to tailor a solution that fits your requirements
We understand how many vertical industries work. We have the knowledge and assets that help them work better. Learn how we can help you.
- Financial Markets
- Retail and Private Banking
- Wholesale Banking and Payments
- Why BT
All you need, from one partner, to connect you for a better future. Explore what we can do for you.
What we can do for you and the resources to do it
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
Explore the opportunities for talent available at BT
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Talk to us, we're waiting to hear how we can help you
Where the exchange of fresh ideas and information gets up close and personal
See how you can manage your services online with My Account
How we are helping customers become more sustainable though network-enabled ICT
How we are making a better future for people, enterprises and the environment
Whatever your communications needs, we’re sure we have the products and services to meet them
Explore our demonstrations and see how we can help you meet your communication needs
Joining our strengths with partners helps give you the very best across the globe
Operating globally, delivering locally
News, views and informed opinion on trends and issues around the globe. Join in the discussion with us.
Explore the big issues with us as we bring on the latest insight on the hottest topics around the globe
From the latest BT press releases to the local news in your region, learn more here.
Follow us on all the leading social networks. Keep up with the latest news and views, and join the conversation
- My Account
Products & services
Web ref - 60051
A Converged LAN for the convergence revolution
BT Converged LAN is a fully managed, international IP solution that incorporates a broad range of CPE, maintenance and management options for the LAN, wireless LAN and IPT environment. Tailored to meet your needs, the solution provides a reliable and secure foundation so that you can embark on your journey towards convergence and unified communications.
Only BT was willing to offer connectivity to difficult-to-reach locations such as Nigeria. BT proposed a combination of technologies backed by a strong commercial offer and demonstrated that it could work with other companies throughout the world in delivering the service.”
- Erwan Roze, Network and Security Manager, Geoservices
BT Converged LAN offers an end-to-end solution which has the capability and expertise to bring you the following benefits:
- Reduced costs
Converging voice and data onto a single network can reduce cabling, network, maintenance and equipment costs.
- Operational efficiency
Secure reliable infrastructure and enhanced communications can help your business operate more efficiently.
- Improved productivity
Shared real-time access to applications enhances employee productivity as staff can collaborate online wherever they are.
- Enhanced customer service
A managed LAN and IPT solutions enable applications, such as unified messaging, wi-fi multimedia and multimedia contact centres to enhance customer service and provide clients with a selection of communication channels.
- Maintain core business focus
We manage your network so that you are free to concentrate on your core business.
- Business continuity
Our quality of service and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) allow you to implement convergence while maintaining business continuity.
- Secure and reliable
BT’s advanced security solutions help keep your LAN and IPT solutions fully protected.
BT Converged LAN is ideal for customers that require:
- When you have staff and offices in many regions or countries.
Tailored end-to-end solutions
- To meet their unique business needs.
- To reduce costs, increase productivity and enhance operational efficiency.
- To enable you to focus on your core business.
Converged voice and data
- To reap the rewards of the convergence revolution.
- To provide a platform for Fixed Mobile Convergence and Unified Communications.
- To improve communications, enhance customer service and achieve competitive advantage.
- To enable secure flexible and mobile working arrangements.
Reliability and security
- To maintain business continuity and to help ensure compliance.
BT Converged LAN can be installed in all countries where BT operates, but is sold from:
- Hong Kong
with metro, national and international services.
BT Converged LAN currently includes the following products and services:
Managed IP Telephony solutions
BT voice services and associated applications are built around the Cisco Unified Communication System. The Cisco Unified CallManager extends enterprise telephony features to packet telephony network devices such as IP phones, media processing devices, Voice over IP (VoIP) gateways and multimedia applications.
Managed LAN solutions
This includes the design, installation and management of intelligent LAN switches, based on the Cisco Catalyst switch series.
Managed Wireless LAN solutions
BT offers customers a Cisco Unified Wireless Network which includes the following sophisticated features for seamless mobility:
- Support for wi-fi multimedia (WMM),
- Quality of service (QoS),
- Virtual LANs
- Fast, secure layer 2 and layer 3 roaming
- Advanced WLAN security and
- A radio frequency (RF) site survey
Our expert consultants can assist in the following areas:
- Complex application design and deployment
- LAN Healthchecks
- Layer 3 LAN design
- Voice/data convergence
- Combined LAN devices (eg Switch/firewall)
- LAN discovery
Converged IP Training
Customer on-site training includes:
- Pre-installation planning
- On-Site Go-Live Support
- Cisco IP Telephony System Administration
- Cisco IP Telephony End User Training
- IPCC Express Administration and User Training
- Unity Voicemail and Unified Messaging – administration and end user training
- ARC – Operator Console User Training
Service Level Agreements
- On Time Delivery
- Service Availability
- Silver Package: indicates the status of service options, including LAN devices, as well as providing trend information and a LAN health summary.
- Gold Package: Silver Package features plus more detailed reports and charts on health-index values, performance and availability.
- Platinum Package: includes the Silver and Gold Package features, as well as customised reports that can run at selected intervals.
- Software moves, adds and changes (SMACS)
- Archive active LAN software configurations
- CPE software upgrade management
- On-site archive and restore services
Proactive Fault Management
- Rapid Diagnostics Service: enables remote access to your network to diagnose and repair faults
- Proactive Alarm Monitoring: entry-level fault monitoring service identifies potential problems
- Proactive Fault Management (LAN): actively accesses devices to monitor performance indicators
- Critical Port Monitoring: proactively monitors nominated individual ports at five minute intervals
- Help Desk
- Standardcare: maintenance in standard working hours, excluding weekends and bank holidays, and offering a response time by the end of the following working day
- Totalcare: around the clock maintenance with a response time of less than four hours.
Project Managed Installation
- Project management: agreement of a project rollout plan and management of the implementation
- Commissioning: design, commissioning and testing
- On-site equipment installation: loading the configuration, functionality testing, checking network equipment visibility and conducting end-to-end solution testing
- Staging: ranges from simple box testing (plug and power on tests) to full racking, configuration and network replication
Equipment Purchase Option
- Customer owned
- Leasing arrangements (subject to availability)
- BT MPLS
BT Converged LAN provides the secure and reliable managed LAN and IPT solutions that you require on a global basis. Our solutions provide the building blocks for future developments, such as Unified Communications and Fixed Mobile Convergence.
Products and service
- Professional services: using a wealth of experience in converged solutions, BT’s consultants will help you optimise your network.
- Network: to ensure you receive a high level voice quality, your voice traffic will run across BT’s own MPLS network which is class of service enabled to ensure high-quality voice in an IP environment.
- Equipment: the supply, installation and maintenance of CPE and network components with the secure service offering which has been implemented successfully across the world.
- Provision: a range of options, including project management, design and commissioning, on-site installation and staging, to help you get your applications up and running as quickly as possible.
Quality of service
- Service Level Agreements: ensure you receive the level of service and performance you need.
- Help desk: in-country help desks provide you with a single point of contact for any queries or issues.
- Maintenance: can be tailored to suit your business requirements.
- Configuration Management: ranges from software updates, moves, adds and changes to archiving and restoration of data, to help you guard against data losses.
- Fault Management: corrects faults remotely, automatically and unobtrusively to eliminate any disruption to your business before it affects your service.
- Performance Reporting: monitors and measures your network’s performance in near real-time. Customised reports identify and analyse problem areas so that you can take corrective action.
Converged LAN: a complete solution
Converged LAN from BT features a combination of world leading products from major suppliers, including Cisco. It also includes BT services to create a fully managed international IP solution that runs over a sophisticated global virtual private network (VPN) infrastructure.
BT Converged LAN includes: CPE, project managed installation, configuration management, performance reporting, fault management, SLAs, maintenance and professional services. The result is a secure network with reliable and flexible voice communication delivered conveniently by a single supplier.
Our IP Private Branch eXchange (PBX) replaces the need for a traditional circuit switched PBX by enabling voice functionality over the LAN/WAN. Voice-enabling the LAN/WAN creates a multi-service platform that can carry voice, data, video and potentially a host of other applications over a single transport mechanism.
In summary, BT Converged LAN delivers a secure, resilient and complete IPT, LAN and wireless LAN solution, coupled with proactive network management to ensure we can identify and resolve any technical problems before they affect your business.
- BT’s 21st century network (21CN) or multi protocol label switching (MPLS) network is the world’s largest Internet protocol (IP) infrastructure that ensures scale, quality, resilience and security.
- More than 160,000 customer sites have already been connected, with up to 2,000 new ones connected each month.
- Leader in voice estate management with more than 100 years of telephony experience.
- More than 20 years experience developing IP networks enables us to help you migrate and manage your voice capabilities.
- We have extended our unparalleled expertise in large-scale convergence implementations in the UK to support our global customers and have documented case studies to support this claim.
- BT employs or contracts more than 100,000 people in 160 countries.
- In-depth experience to deliver Cisco solutions with Cisco Gold Partnership status.
- More than 4,000 Cisco-trained engineers.
Solutions for the future
- BT is at the forefront of advanced technologies.
We were the first service provider to implement Cisco’s TelePresence in Europe.
- Steady recruitment and training of Microsoft engineers to take advantage of developments in unified communications.
- BT implemented the UK’s first Fixed Mobile Convergence solution.
BT standard terms and conditions apply. The indicative prices on this website are for information purposes only and are subject to change. Every effort is made to ensure that they are kept up to date, but if you require further information on BT’s current prices, please contact your account manager.