- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Networks professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Conferencing and collaboration
- Hosted UC services
- IP telephony
- Voice Virtual Private Network
- Unified communications solutions
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Mobile network services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
Explore how our customers are achieving their digital possible.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world.
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world.
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news.
Our role as the Cloud Services Integrator.
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
Who we work with around the world.
Overview of our portfolio of products and services.
How we put our customers first.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, BT Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
BT’s position and recognition in published analyst reports.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Products & Solutions
Asset tracking for hospitals
BT Trace for Health
Improve efficiency by knowing the location of your assets and equipment
The Nursing Times and BBC has reported that the average hospital loses as much 15 per cent of their assets every year. It’s also estimated that looking for and replacing missing items takes up to 40 hours a month per nurse and costs the NHS £900 million.
BT Trace for Health can help staff to quickly locate assets and equipment, save time, improve efficiency and deliver a better patient experience.
Approximately 20,000 doctors spend an hour a day waiting for patient information. Nurses spend over 4 hours looking for patient records and medical equipment. Nursing Times
How does it work?
Using the hospital wireless network, tagged assets are tracked and their locations are displayed on a computer screen.
With BT Trace for Health organisations can:
- Effectively manage mobile equipment and surgical sets. Being able to track and locate your equipment quickly will improve the efficient running of the hospital.
- Locate paper patient records. BT Trace provides an easy to use solution that enables staff to locate quickly patient records.
- Protect vulnerable people. Our solution provides an easy way to locate people. In the event that a person is taken off the ward without permission, BT Trace will work with security systems to trigger alarms and lock down wards.
- Inform purchasing decisions. Through our reporting and analysis tool you will be able to identify asset demand and usage. Therefore helping eliminating waste.
The average hospital mislays or loses as much as 15% of its high value assets every year. AeroScout 2009
- We’re one of the largest providers of healthcare technology in the world, with a vast amount of experience in delivering healthcare solutions
- The UK’s National Health Service (NHS) has trusted us for more than 65 years, and depends on our technology and support to keep critical services running.
Get in touch to discuss how we can help you improve your organisations efficiency.
BT Trace for Health is available for UK Public sector organisations.