- Products & services
Products & services
View our range of product and services, and learn how they can help you meet your communication needs.
For valuable discounts when you commit to minimum usage levels.
Powerful services that can save you money while strengthening your capabilities.
BT Connect, Networks that think. Services to connect you to employees, customers, and the world
Robust products to build a sustainable business with added security and resilience.
Collaborate more efficiently with employees, suppliers, customers and business partners
Complete contact management solutions for organisations aspiring to world class customer service
Powerful mobility services to improve productivity and enable better customer service.
Effective services to help you improve the operational efficiency of your organisation.
A portfolio of solutions that accesses and manages information and assets at different points throughout the supply chain
Our solutions help you become more efficient, sustainable and secure. View a selection of our solutions, that show how our products and services work together.
Get mobility solutions designed to help your organisation operate efficiently and competitively in a changing world.
Get expert advice to help your organisation become more sustainable
Save money and boost your efficiency by simplifying your operations
Give me the tools to manage my customer relationships cost-effectively and keep my customers happy
Optimise the organisational efficiency of your supply chain with greater visibility of your goods and assets
Help my organisation grow with a network at the heart of my operations
Get expert analysis of the issues facing your network and a tailored approach to keeping it safe
Get tailored IT solutions to give your organisation the flexibility to stay competitive
Expert help from BT to tailor a solution that fits your requirements
We understand how many vertical industries work. We have the knowledge and assets that help them work better. Learn how we can help you.
- Financial Markets
- Retail and Private Banking
- Wholesale Banking and Payments
- Why BT
All you need, from one partner, to connect you for a better future. Explore what we can do for you.
What we can do for you and the resources to do it
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
Explore the opportunities for talent available at BT
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Talk to us, we're waiting to hear how we can help you
Where the exchange of fresh ideas and information gets up close and personal
See how you can manage your services online with My Account
How we are helping customers become more sustainable though network-enabled ICT
How we are making a better future for people, enterprises and the environment
Whatever your communications needs, we’re sure we have the products and services to meet them
Explore our demonstrations and see how we can help you meet your communication needs
Joining our strengths with partners helps give you the very best across the globe
Operating globally, delivering locally
News, views and informed opinion on trends and issues around the globe. Join in the discussion with us.
Explore the big issues with us as we bring on the latest insight on the hottest topics around the globe
From the latest BT press releases to the local news in your region, learn more here.
Follow us on all the leading social networks. Keep up with the latest news and views, and join the conversation
- My Account
Products & services
Assure Device Management
Web ref - 60578
Optimise your security devices for the best possible protection
To protect your IT systems, you have to be constantly vigilant against security threats. Many organisations approach this by deploying security devices throughout their networks. However, to be effective, these devices need to be frequently updated and re-configured.
Yet many organisations don’t have the necessary IT resources to effectively manage this process in-house. Assure Device Management offers a cost-efficient, outsourced alternative.
Protect your network against attack
Assure Device Management enables you to enhance your network security by providing you with access to the most up-to-date expert advice on evolving threats and how to counteract them. Our security experts can:
- Configure all your network devices to deliver optimum performance, maximum surveillance and defence capabilities.
- Equip you with a full record of network activity, enabling you to detect potential threats quickly and react before your operations experience significant damage.
- Ensure all the latest vendor revisions, critical updates, and industry best practice recommendations are applied to your devices.
- Provide you with access to BT’s database of known security vulnerabilities to defend your business against the latest threats, whether or not they have been observed on your network.
- Minimise false alerts by accommodating local policy and operational requirements in the managed device’s configuration.
Free your IT staff from day-to-day maintenance and updates
Assure Device Management, delivers reliable IT security without the need to recruit your own staff and invest in ongoing training.
Key features of this service include:
- Device optimisation: we configure your devices with the latest attack signatures and updates to provide maximum defence against potential threats.
- Rapid response: BT continuously monitors your network to minimise risk by tuning and adjusting your devices in response to observed attacks.
- Expert support: our analysts have identified attacks on hundreds of major networks, so they know exactly what to look for to provide effective security recommendations.
- Flexible financing options: you can either purchase security devices or avoid capital expenditure by leasing devices as part of our management package.
- Service level agreements: guarantee devices will always deliver the best possible security with unlimited configuration changes and management improvements.
Simplify and secure device management
Assure Device Management, strengthens security by outsourcing all aspects of your intrusion detection system (IDS), intrusion prevention system (IPS) and firewall management.
The service helps free your security and IT resources from the complexities of setting up, maintaining and updating the devices in your network. We draw on our extensive experience to ensure that your network devices are always configured to provide maximum protection and surveillance.
We offer two types of Device Management:
- Basic: we manage your existing security devices, taking responsibility for vendor updates and configuration changes.
- Comprehensive: alongside the benefits of the basic option, we can supply your chosen devices and provide all necessary support or maintenance contracts.
BT provides a vendor neutral approach to network surveillance. Assure Device Management, a range of leading security appliance manufacturers, giving you the flexibility to select the vendor that’s right for your organisation.
You can also switch between vendors if you feel that another product would better suit your requirements. We provide full support during this transition to ensure business continuity and network security.
We currently provide device management for products from the following vendors:
- Check Point
However, we frequently review and update the vendors and devices we support due to new players in the market and customer requests. For more information contact your BT account manager.
Maintain network security with continuous surveillance
Assure Device Management, is implemented in a two-stage process.
Stage 1: Initial setup
During this integration period, we will assign an integration team to work alongside your IT and security staff. The integration team will:
- Introduce you to key BT personnel, practises and terminologies.
- Tune and base-line your network devices to minimise the risk of false-positives.
- Develop contact trees and escalation protocols to follow in the event of a security breach.
- Provide regular consultation and support via telephone.
- Offer you additional support online.
Stage 2: Ongoing management
Once the integration stage is complete, we continue monitoring and managing your network devices. This includes:
- Maintaining the underlying operating system.
- Making configuration recommendations and changes.
- Installing vendor security patches and updates.
When you renew your contract, you can exchange or update any devices managed by BT. You can even replace a device with one produced by another vendor if a particular model fulfils your security requirements more effectively.
Assure Device Management, can benefit your organisation if you:
- Don’t have the in-house resources or expertise to update and configure your security devices every time a new threat is identified.
- Want to strengthen your network security by deploying more devices without capital expenditure.
- Have already invested in a number of security devices, such as firewalls or intrusion detection systems (IDS), and want to maximise their effectiveness.
- Are an existing Managed Security Monitoring customer looking to further outsource network security to a proven specialist provider.
This service is available globally to customers who subscribe to Managed Security Monitoring.
Recognised security experience that delivers
- Global experience: we currently manage more than 300,000 devices for over 1000 customers. With 1,300 security experts, we’re one of the world’s biggest security and business continuity practices.
- Vendor neutral approach: you can choose the supplier of the devices you want to deploy and are not restricted to particular vendor.
- Security expertise: our expert analysts and engineers have extensive knowledge of leading operating systems and their vulnerabilities. We invest heavily in security-related research and development each year and we have 108 registered patents and more than 190 published security papers.
- Market Leadership: We’re the world’s number one managed security services IT outsourcing provider and we’re the highest rated of the world’s leading IT security services vendors in Datamonitor’s Black Book of Outsourcing report (January 2010).
- We’re one of just two providers with ‘comprehensive’ ranking for managed security services in Forrester’s Market Overview: Managed Security Services, Forrester Research, Inc (March 2010).