- Products & services
For valuable discounts when you commit to minimum usage levels.
Complete contact management solutions for organisations aspiring to world class customer service
Powerful services that can save you money while strengthening your capabilities.
Powerful mobility services to improve productivity and enable better customer service.
BT Connect, Networks that think. Services to connect you to employees, customers, and the world
Effective services to help you improve the operational efficiency of your organisation.
Robust products to build a sustainable business with added security and resilience.
A portfolio of solutions that accesses and manages information and assets at different points throughout the supply chain
Collaborate more efficiently with employees, suppliers, customers and business partners
Get mobility solutions designed to help your organisation operate efficiently and competitively in a changing world.
Help my organisation grow with a network at the heart of my operations
Get expert advice to help your organisation become more sustainable
Get expert analysis of the issues facing your network and a tailored approach to keeping it safe
Get tailored IT solutions to give your organisation the flexibility to stay competitive
Give me the tools to manage my customer relationships cost-effectively and keep my customers happy
Optimise the organisational efficiency of your supply chain with greater visibility of your goods and assets
Helping connect your business and technology through communications-centric professional services.
Unified communication and collaboration (UCC) solutions to transform the way you work with colleagues, suppliers and customers around the world
- Financial Markets
- Retail and Private Banking
- Wholesale Banking and Payments
- Why BT
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Who we work with around the world
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Products & services
Security event monitoring (SEM)
BT Assure Threat Monitoring
Make security visible in real time
Our unique security information and event management (SIEM) service collects and analyses security information in real time from across your organisation. A combination of powerful proprietary technologies and human intelligence helps to prevent attacks on your network, and protect your commercially sensitive information.
Assure Threat Monitoring and Assure Analytics tells you:
- what’s really on your network, who’s using it, and whether or not your network’s at risk
- how well your actual network usage matches your policy requirements
- how to build an incident response process
- how to satisfy auditors and regulators that you’re performing enough due diligence
- who’s attacking you, and how hard they’re trying
- how well-engineered your network is, and what you can do to improve it
- where the weak spots are in your network and applications and what you can do to fix them.
Assure Threat Monitoring benefits
Enhanced network security - BT’s security analysts have seen varied attacks across hundreds of major networks so we know exactly what to look for when monitoring networks.
IT workload reduction – The threat monitoring technology filters false positives. This saves time by ensuring a customer’s security team only responds to genuine threats and enables them to focus instead on more strategic security strategies.
Reduced liability - Network monitoring reduces risk while the quality of recorded information helps customers comply with auditing and accountability standards, protecting against financial losses.
Ensure data protection - Collecting and analysing network information to classify it according to the risk it represents, helps customers safeguard their business-critical data.
Support compliance – BT’s reporting features provide all the network data and security information in a single portal, helping customers comply with regulations and audit processes.
Assure Threat Monitoring features
Complete global security visibility through a single pane of glass. Security event monitoring enhances both customer and security analyst capabilities with improved focus on critical security intelligence through a rich set of activity views. Multiple embedded portlets and graphical elements offer customisable views of service tickets, deployed devices and security events.
Vendor neutral monitoring - BT offers a vendor neutral approach to network monitoring. This means that customer can select security devices from those vendors that are right for their organisation. BT supports more than one million event rules across a broad range of devices. This helps to identify events such as failed logins, transactional events, anomaly detection, buffer overflows/underruns, DOS attacks and concerted attacks.
Global View - Advanced correlation technology analyses security data across multiple devices, multiple vertical markets, across the globe.
Secure Operation Centres - Physically hardened facilities, redundant architecture, and geographically separated for disaster recovery.
Security Experts - BT Security Operations Centres are staffed with highly skilled and accredited analysts for incident detection and rapid response.
Web Portal - Integrated reporting and change requests across the customer subscribed Assure Threat Services.
Integrated Access to Assure Analytics - for interactive security data exploration and fine-grained visualisation and analysis of security events.
Security and compliance requires specialised expertise, and it makes more sense to outsource that so my staff can stay focused on the core business objectives. BT can survey all the potential threats worldwide and provide a much wider, more current view of the threats. That’s something we can’t do as efficiently, given our current staff levels.”
- John Lambeth, CISSP, CISA VP, Information Technology Blackboard Inc.
Assure Threat Monitoring specifications
BT Assure Threat Monitoring is a fully managed security event monitoring service. BT monitors its customer’s devices 24x7x365. The service works by re-directing customer device log files to a central BT repository. BT then analyses and filters the millions of messages from networked devices, separates the irrelevant from the suspicious or critical, then alerts the customer of any security issues before damage is done.
The service is made up of the following core components:
- Sensors – The customer devices that will be monitored by the service.
- Sentry Device – A proprietary BT device is used to receive logs from customer sensors, filter out unwanted messages, and forward aggregated messages to the BT Security Operations Centre for further analysis.
- Socrates – Receives messages from the Sentry that are then passed through BT’s proprietary message correlation technology. Socrates generates problem tickets & assigns a severity level; Interesting, Relevant, Suspicious or Critical.
- SOC Analysts – Receive tickets generated by Socrates and determine the next steps These are highly skilled and accredited security analysts that are available 24/7/365 to monitor and escalate as needed.
- Web Portal – Customer portal for access to reporting with over 100 reports available, a dashboard to security performance reporting, and change requests.
The BT security event monitoring service combines a team of disciplined security experts, a rigorous process for incident detection and response, and best-of-breed technologies to provide real-time feedback regarding the efficiency of an organisation’s network security.
Assure Threat Monitoring is available globally
The quick and easy way to a healthy network
Partnering for Success in IT Security
See Security Differently
Addressing the compliance & incident response challenge
- BT Connect for Communications
- BT Contact for Communications
- Calls & lines services - BT One
- CRM – BT Contact
- IT services - BT Compute
- Mobility services
- Network services - BT Connect
- Professional services - BT Advise
- Secure financial networks - BT Radianz
- Security & risk management – BT Assure
- Supply chain solutions – BT Trace
- Unified communications - BT One
- Enable me to mobilise my people processes and applications
- Give me intelligent network solutions and keep my organisation connected
- Help me make my organisation more sustainable through greater efficiency
- Help me understand the threats to my network and secure my organisation
- Help my organisation succeed with adaptable networked IT services
- Improve my customer relationships and make me more efficient
- Improve my supply chain efficiency
- Professional Services for your networked IT
- Transform the end user experience and improve the business case for collaboration
- Financial Markets
- Retail and Private Banking
- Wholesale Banking and Payments