- Products & services
- Business exchange lines
- Calls packages
- Lines packages
- Value Add analytics
- Cloud contact centres
- Contact recording and analytics
- Inbound services
- Onsite contact centres
- Self-service and queue-management platforms
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Mobile network services
- Secure remote access
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Professional services for networks
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Intelligence
- Air logistics
- Asset tracking
- End-to-end visibility
- Inventory management
Unified communication and collaboration (UCC) solutions to transform the way you work with colleagues, suppliers and customers around the world
Get expert analysis of the issues facing your network and a tailored approach to keeping it safe
Help my organisation grow with a network at the heart of my operations
Get tailored IT solutions to give your organisation the flexibility to stay competitive
Get mobility solutions designed to help your organisation operate efficiently and competitively in a changing world.
Give me the tools to manage my customer relationships cost-effectively and keep my customers happy
Helping connect your business and technology through communications-centric professional services.
Optimise the organisational efficiency of your supply chain with greater visibility of your goods and assets
Get expert advice to help your organisation become more sustainable
- Why BT
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas.
Visit one of our Showcases and see how we are bringing the Art of Connecting to life with interactive technology demonstrations.
Our free, bi-monthly e-zine aims to equip your organisation with the insight to understand and thrive in a world shaped by technology and driven by communications.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news.
Great thinking from across the company
- Let's Talk
Follow our articles on the Let's Talk Blog
Our free, bi-monthly technology & comms e-zine
Explore the latest insight on the hottest IT trends
- My Account
Products & services
Security event monitoring (SEM)
BT Assure Threat Monitoring
Make security visible in real time
Our unique security information and event management (SIEM) service collects and analyses security information in real time from across your organisation. A combination of powerful proprietary technologies and human intelligence helps to prevent attacks on your network, and protect your commercially sensitive information.
Assure Threat Monitoring and Assure Analytics tells you:
- what’s really on your network, who’s using it, and whether or not your network’s at risk
- how well your actual network usage matches your policy requirements
- how to build an incident response process
- how to satisfy auditors and regulators that you’re performing enough due diligence
- who’s attacking you, and how hard they’re trying
- how well-engineered your network is, and what you can do to improve it
- where the weak spots are in your network and applications and what you can do to fix them.
Assure Threat Monitoring benefits
Enhanced network security - BT’s security analysts have seen varied attacks across hundreds of major networks so we know exactly what to look for when monitoring networks.
IT workload reduction – The threat monitoring technology filters false positives. This saves time by ensuring a customer’s security team only responds to genuine threats and enables them to focus instead on more strategic security strategies.
Reduced liability - Network monitoring reduces risk while the quality of recorded information helps customers comply with auditing and accountability standards, protecting against financial losses.
Ensure data protection - Collecting and analysing network information to classify it according to the risk it represents, helps customers safeguard their business-critical data.
Support compliance – BT’s reporting features provide all the network data and security information in a single portal, helping customers comply with regulations and audit processes.
Assure Threat Monitoring features
Complete global security visibility through a single pane of glass. Security event monitoring enhances both customer and security analyst capabilities with improved focus on critical security intelligence through a rich set of activity views. Multiple embedded portlets and graphical elements offer customisable views of service tickets, deployed devices and security events.
Vendor neutral monitoring - BT offers a vendor neutral approach to network monitoring. This means that customer can select security devices from those vendors that are right for their organisation. BT supports more than one million event rules across a broad range of devices. This helps to identify events such as failed logins, transactional events, anomaly detection, buffer overflows/underruns, DOS attacks and concerted attacks.
Global View - Advanced correlation technology analyses security data across multiple devices, multiple vertical markets, across the globe.
Secure Operation Centres - Physically hardened facilities, redundant architecture, and geographically separated for disaster recovery.
Security Experts - BT Security Operations Centres are staffed with highly skilled and accredited analysts for incident detection and rapid response.
Web Portal - Integrated reporting and change requests across the customer subscribed Assure Threat Services.
Integrated Access to Assure Analytics - for interactive security data exploration and fine-grained visualisation and analysis of security events.
Security and compliance requires specialised expertise, and it makes more sense to outsource that so my staff can stay focused on the core business objectives. BT can survey all the potential threats worldwide and provide a much wider, more current view of the threats. That’s something we can’t do as efficiently, given our current staff levels.”
- John Lambeth, CISSP, CISA VP, Information Technology Blackboard Inc.
Assure Threat Monitoring specifications
BT Assure Threat Monitoring is a fully managed security event monitoring service. BT monitors its customer’s devices 24x7x365. The service works by re-directing customer device log files to a central BT repository. BT then analyses and filters the millions of messages from networked devices, separates the irrelevant from the suspicious or critical, then alerts the customer of any security issues before damage is done.
The service is made up of the following core components:
- Sensors – The customer devices that will be monitored by the service.
- Sentry Device – A proprietary BT device is used to receive logs from customer sensors, filter out unwanted messages, and forward aggregated messages to the BT Security Operations Centre for further analysis.
- Socrates – Receives messages from the Sentry that are then passed through BT’s proprietary message correlation technology. Socrates generates problem tickets & assigns a severity level; Interesting, Relevant, Suspicious or Critical.
- SOC Analysts – Receive tickets generated by Socrates and determine the next steps These are highly skilled and accredited security analysts that are available 24/7/365 to monitor and escalate as needed.
- Web Portal – Customer portal for access to reporting with over 100 reports available, a dashboard to security performance reporting, and change requests.
The BT security event monitoring service combines a team of disciplined security experts, a rigorous process for incident detection and response, and best-of-breed technologies to provide real-time feedback regarding the efficiency of an organisation’s network security.
Assure Threat Monitoring is available globally
Partnering for Success in IT Security
See Security Differently
The quick and easy way to a healthy network
Addressing the compliance & incident response challenge
- BT Contact for Communications
- Calls & lines services - BT One
- CRM – BT Contact
- IT services - BT Compute
- Mobility services
- Network services - BT Connect
- Professional services - BT Advise
- Secure financial networks - BT Radianz
- Security & risk management – BT Assure
- Supply chain solutions – BT Trace
- Unified communications - BT One
- Transform the end user experience and improve the business case for collaboration
- Help me understand the threats to my network and secure my organisation
- Give me intelligent network solutions and keep my organisation connected
- Help my organisation succeed with adaptable networked IT services
- Enable me to mobilise my people processes and applications
- Improve my customer relationships and make me more efficient
- Professional Services for your networked IT
- Improve my supply chain efficiency
- Help me make my organisation more sustainable through greater efficiency