- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Conferencing and collaboration
- Hosted UC services
- IP telephony
- Voice Virtual Private Network
- Unified communications solutions
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Mobile network services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
Explore how our customers are achieving their digital possible.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world.
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world.
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news.
Our role as the Cloud Services Integrator.
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
Who we work with around the world.
Overview of our portfolio of products and services.
How we put our customers first.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
BT’s position and recognition in published analyst reports.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Products & Solutions
BT Compute Telehousing
The very best home for public sector IT platform
The ability for public sector organisations to securely store, manage and access valuable operational data and information is increasingly critical to continuity and performance. However, implementing and managing your own data centre can be costly. It also uses up resources that can be better targeted elsewhere.
The key is to maintain a balance between managing your critical data, and having a secure facility to host your IT systems. With BT’s unique Telehousing expertise and capacity – we can deliver secure, scalable, cost-effective solutions for public sector organisations from one of our secure data centres.
In short, we provide secure, controlled environments within which you can operate your IT infrastructure. Unlike standard data centre hosting, BT Compute Telehousing enables public sector organisations to access and alter their own equipment. Government organisations can enjoy:
- Reduced operational costs. By taking advantage of our economies of scale, you see a significant benefit in cost efficiency.
- Reduced operational risk. Through independence from your main site, and by being protected by our multiple power and uptime Service Level Agreements.
- Reduced carbon emissions. we are responsible for your power and cooling needs on our site, so you get reduced power consumption and lower carbon output.
What we provide public sector
- BT Compute Telehousing provides you with highly efficient accommodation in a secure data centre environment.
- You get the space you need to install and operate your IT and communications equipment
- Equipment can be hosted in a shared or physically separate BT-controlled area
- You have the option of inclusive services like equipment racking, remote hands, and media handling.
- You also get all the supporting infrastructure you need to run it.
- Working closely with you, we maintain the power and environmental aspects of the suite – as well as offering secure controlled access – while you provide your own hardware, application platforms, configuration, set-up and licensing content.
- The floor space is allocated in footprints, in a suite specifically prepared for the requirements of modern IT equipment.
- The suites in each data centre are configured to the same exacting BT standards
- Experience and expertise in government – you will be supported by a team of specialist that understand your challenges
- We have an extensive portfolio from private, hybrid and hosted solutions
- We have capability to host Patient Identifiable Data (PID) with our BT Compute for Health service and other government secure data to ensure compliance with appropriate standards
- Service commitment – we provide a 24/7 helpdesk
- Easy to do business – you can purchase via G-Cloud and the PSN framework contracts.
- We work with all major IT equipment vendors so we can secure competitive prices
Get in touch to discuss how we can help public sector organisations with their data challenges
With BT Compute Telehousing, we get leading edge technology, regulatory compliance, and reduced costs through economies of scale. At the same time we become a more sustainable business by using energy-efficient facilities.”
- Jetse Pettinga, Head of Systems Management, St Antonius Hospital
BT Compute Telehousing gives you the space and security, as well as the resilience and reach, to make your IT infrastructure work for you:
- We deliver data centre services from 48 global data centres
- Each one is built to conform to, or exceed, Tier 3 of the Uptime Institute’s definition
- Every BT-operated data centre is equipped with the same high standards of security, atmospheric control and power
- Each environmental system and power source is duplicated for greater resilience against systems failure
- Delivering a 100% SLA for the provision of power to each footprint, we ensure continuity for your critical business processes (location permitting)
- Our data centres feature VESDAs (Very Early Smoke Detection Alarms) and automatic fire defences for your added protection (location permitting).
Global reach, local service
BT Compute Telehousing is available in 48 data centres located around the world.
The very best home for your IT platform
BT extends data centre capacity with two new state of the art datacentres in UK
Public Sector Enterprises and Cloud Computing: Realizing Efficiencies
A flexible, scalable, secure and compliant data infrastructure