- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Conferencing and collaboration
- Hosted UC services
- IP telephony
- Voice Virtual Private Network
- Unified communications solutions
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Mobile network services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
Explore how our customers are achieving their digital possible.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world.
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world.
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news.
Our role as the Cloud Services Integrator.
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
Who we work with around the world.
Overview of our portfolio of products and services.
How we put our customers first.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
BT’s position and recognition in published analyst reports.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Products & Solutions
Flexible working for the Police Service
Flexible working for the Police Service
We worked with Greater Manchester Police (GMP) to introduce flexible working for their HQ staff.
With our help, GMP was able to design, develop and introduce shared desk working for 97 per cent of HQ employees in less than 6 months. This enabled them to move to a new smaller HQ building which accommodates 1,100 support staff but with only 500 desks.
As a result, the force has saved £3.6m with further year on year savings of £1.2m and is on target to reduce its office estate by 30 per cent by 2015, reducing operational costs in line with government spending requirements, yet also increasing staff efficiency and satisfaction.
How we can help you
With Flexible Working from BT we can help your organisation rationalise your property estate and enable people to work anywhere.
We’ll help you roll out flexible working in the right way for your Force. We’ll manage every aspect – from providing equipment for your people to redesigning your office space. There’ll be minimum disruption, and everything will happen quickly and smoothly.
Our experience as an early adopter of Flexible Working is that it promises to deliver huge benefits. Technology is important. But sustainable, long term change needs to get people involved early. And processes need to be redesigned. Trying to fit existing processes around technology just doesn’t work.
What we deliver
Our core BT Workstyle services include:
- Access to BT expertise, methodologies and experience throughout the programme.
- A tried and tested approach that addresses HR, IT and property issues, tailored to your organisation.
- Structure and starting point to create and deliver all the information, policies and support material required to make flexible working succeed.
- Hands-on support for managers and departments to show how flexible working will work for them.
- Tools and support to help change how people work, rather than just changing job labels.
- Advice and consultancy from our specialists to help you drive the programme successfully.
- End user support by telephone and email throughout the process.
- Management information to ensure you get the benefits you want.
- Continuing input and advice to help you respond to new legislation, technology developments or changes in your business strategy
Want to know more
Contact us now to see how we can help your organisation.
Flexible working for the Police Service availability
Flexible working for the Police Service is available for UK public sector organisations.