- Products & services
- Business exchange lines
- Calls packages
- Lines packages
- Value Add analytics
- Cloud contact centres
- Contact recording and analytics
- Inbound services
- Onsite contact centres
- Self-service and queue-management platforms
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Mobile network services
- Secure remote access
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Professional services for networks
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Identity and Access Management
- Managed security services
- Security Intelligence
- Air logistics
- Asset tracking
- End-to-end visibility
- Inventory management
Unified communication and collaboration (UCC) solutions to transform the way you work with colleagues, suppliers and customers around the world
Get expert analysis of the issues facing your network and a tailored approach to keeping it safe
Help my organisation grow with a network at the heart of my operations
Get tailored IT solutions to give your organisation the flexibility to stay competitive
Get mobility solutions designed to help your organisation operate efficiently and competitively in a changing world.
Give me the tools to manage my customer relationships cost-effectively and keep my customers happy
Helping connect your business and technology through communications-centric professional services.
Optimise the organisational efficiency of your supply chain with greater visibility of your goods and assets
Get expert advice to help your organisation become more sustainable
- Why BT
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Visit one of our Showcases and see how we are bringing the Art of Connecting to life with interactive technology demonstrations.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Products & services
UK inbound call services
BT Inbound Contact
Important information - changes to your service
There are major regulatory changes in the UK affecting numbers starting 080, 084 and 087 (and 09x and 118 numbers) which take effect on 1st July 2015. We have produced a guide (see Resources below) which we will keep updated as more details emerge.
Make every call count
The pressure’s on. You need to provide the best service to an increasingly sophisticated and demanding customer.
We know how important it is to get every call from your customers right, both for them and for your business.
With Inbound Contact you can handle customer interactions intelligently, increase loyalty and make the most of your resources.
Inbound Contact harnesses the reach, intelligence and reliability of our voice network; you can route your callers to the most suitable agent or automated solution that’s right for the enquiry. That means better inbound call management and happier customers, looked after more efficiently no matter where their calls originate from, or where they are answered.
Watch our Virtual Showcase demonstration
See how Inbound Contact enables you to handle your incoming calls quickly and efficiently, while ensuring callers are always directed to the most appropriate agent.Watch more demonstrations
Inbound Contact benefits
- Make it easy for customers to get in touch regardless of their geographical location with easy to remember 03 or 08 phone numbers that stay with you for as long as you want them or as you grow
- Make sure that no call goes unanswered by bringing together your contact centre sites from across the UK into one single, virtual operation
- Offer customers an alternative to speaking to an agent, by giving them the option to self-serve and get an immediate response to their simple enquiries.
- Work more efficiently. Monitor and analyse data on your calls with our reporting tools. So you’ll be able to spot trends, plan for the future and keep an eye on costs
UK Inbound specifications
Inbound Contact offer a wide range of value-added capabilities and tools. That means you can give your customers a first class service.
- Multiple access numbers. Inbound Contact gives you a variety of access tariffs – from the free to caller 0800 number up to 0871 10 p per minute and 03 numbers which are charged at 01 and 02 rates. As a result, you have the freedom to decide how much callers pay to connect to your call centres. There’s a range of number options and tariffs, including:
- Freefone 0800/0808
- 084 and 087 numbers at rates from 1 to 10 p per minute.
- 03 numbers which are charged at no more than calls to an 01 or 02 number.
- International Freephone Service
- Universal Freephone Service
- Shared cost or revenue share.
- Call routing features. Our flexible options give you full control over how you route calls across your contact centres. Options include:
- Time and date dependent routing
- Disaster recovery plans
- Call Steering
- CLI based routing
- Percentage distribution
- Load balancing.
- Traffic management and reporting Our web-based management tool gives you immediate control over how calls are routed into your contact centre applications. Comprehensive, web-based reporting provides valuable information to monitor traffic, manage budgets and agent performance. You can access advanced call data analytics, using our free pc software.
- World-class support services Our dedicated service centres provide expert product support. Our repair and network management centres operate around the clock. So you’ll always get expert back up and technical support.
- BT Inbound Analyst. This dynamic data mining and analysis tool helps you identify potential problems before they become detrimental to your business. BT Inbound Analyst turns data into a valuable management resource helping you increase customer satisfaction and measure the effectiveness of your telemarketing activities giving you a view of the peak calling times to better resource your contact centre, and also track the effectiveness of any marketing activity through monitoring the number of calls to a particular number.
- We don’t stop at inbound... Additional services can simply be embedded into your Inbound Contact network. So, rather than tying up valuable agent resource managing high volume, low value enquiries, like account balance checks, why not give customers the ability to help themselves by introducing self-service technology?
We provide a single point of contact for both inbound and selfservice,so you not only reduce the volume of traffic to your agents, freeing up their time to focus on high value customers, but also reduce costs by up to 90 per cent when compared to the cost of putting a call through to a live advisor.7
With a multi-media contact centre you can introduce blended queuing across all media, increasing agent productivity. And with Hosted IVR, you only pay for what you need, when you need it. Nor does it mean giving up control with centralised management and distribution of all customer interactions.7 Forrester
Be national, act local
There are two variants of Inbound Contact, national and global. The national variant is available within the UK but for a global solution please see the related Inbound Contact global.