- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Conferencing and collaboration
- Hosted UC services
- IP telephony
- Voice Virtual Private Network
- Unified communications solutions
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Mobile network services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
Explore how our customers are achieving their digital possible.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world.
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world.
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news.
Our role as the Cloud Services Integrator.
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
Who we work with around the world.
Overview of our portfolio of products and services.
How we put our customers first.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
BT’s position and recognition in published analyst reports.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Protect your organisation
Protect your organisation with expertly managed DDoS protection from BT.
DDoS attacks are increasing in size, frequency and complexity. Defending your organisation against these attacks requires the right skills, resources and experience. Failure to adequately protect your business could lead to loss of data, revenue, brand reputation, and customer loyalty.
With operations in over 180 countries supporting some of the world’s largest companies, from financial institutions to pharmaceuticals, we have a unique perspective on cyber crime. We know that a DDoS attack can happen anytime.
So we’ve built a team of 2,500 experts who are constantly watching, learning, predicting and responding to threats to protect us and our customers. So you can rely on us to protect you.
Reduce risk, ensure your DDoS security is professionally managed by BT.
- BT has a single platform for detection and mitigation. This means we can automatically detect rogue traffic, with no human involvement and take action very quickly to protect customer’s network.
- By using a cloud-based solution, the DDoS attack is mitigated before it hits the customer’s network and, in some cases, even before it enters the network. This means limited or no impact on the customer’s business and no compromised performance.
- Our multi-layered DDoS solution gives protection against all types of attack vectors, defending you from the most complex attacks.
- We can provide a single worldwide solution for global customers, including those using third party ISP connections.
- We can help you to drive efficiencies with a hybrid DDoS solution – offering both on-premises and a solution on the BT cloud-based application services platform.
Effective DDoS protection improves the security of your business.
To improve the security protection of your business, we recommend that you:
- Ensure that you use automated mitigation to protect yourself 24x7 against all known types of attack vectors.
- Protect your business from increasingly big and complex DDoS attacks before they reach your enterprise network and affect your operations.
- Consider a solution that’s tailored to your service level needs and deployed how you want it to be, whether on-premise or in the cloud.
- Enable a realtime response and get full visibility before, during, and after an attack to allow you to learn and respond.
How we can help
Managing your global DDoS protection in-house can be complex and costly.
We know the key challenges in professionally managing a DDoS capability. That’s why by working with us, we can help you to:
Stop attacks before they hit your infrastructure
Being able to anticipate threats before they hit, or reacting quickly to complex multi-vector attacks is the ultimate goal, but to do this you need real time intelligence and a view of the global threat landscape. Ideally, you want to be able to stop an attack in the network before it even hits your operations. This is difficult to achieve with an in-house deployment but is the core of our service.
Respond quickly and effectively
In the time you’ve taken to collect information about an attack and worked out what to do in response, valuable profits may have slipped away. Unless you can respond within minutes when your thresholds are breached, there will be an impact on your business. Our experts are on hand, constantly monitoring and responding quickly and effectively.
Have the skills you need, where and when you need them
The escalating scale and complexity of DDoS attacks means that every attack is different, and you’ll need skilled people with experience in order to respond effectively. Multi-vector attacks make it even more difficult to know how to react and unless you have auto-mitigation in place, you’ll need people available around the clock to deal with alarms when they go off. The less expertise you have, the wider the potential impact of the attack. Our team maintains its expertise and experience, by protecting both our customers and BT so they are always up to date with the latest threats, attacks, and mitigation strategies.
DDoS overview - keeping the web open for business
DDoS attacks can be devastating in terms of business disruption, reduced productivity, intensive recovery effort and lasting brand damage, all of which have a financial impact. Having an effective mitigation service in place now takes away the worry and risk.