- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Dedicated Services
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Why BT
We are proud that our work is recognised time and again by customers, analysts and professional organisations.
Learn how organisations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Catch up on the thoughts and opinions of our experts in our blog.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
How we put our customer first.
- About us
We’re well placed to be your trusted partner as you digitally transform your business.
Where the exchange of fresh ideas and information gets up close and personal.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
- My Account
Products & Solutions
Managed PKI Security
Protect your organisation
Protect your organisation with digital certification.
If your business is online, any gaps in your digital certification can easily be exploited by hackers. Defending your organisation requires robust authentication measures to protect your network, e-commerce applications and end users. Failure to adequately protect your business could lead to loss of data, revenue, brand reputation and customer loyalty.
With operations in over 180 countries supporting some of the world’s largest companies, from financial institutions to pharmaceuticals, we have a variety of experience in cybercrime. We know that an attack on your infrastructure and applications can happen anytime.
And our team of 2,500 experts are constantly watching, learning, predicting and responding to threats to protect our customers, and ourselves. So you can rely on us to protect you. Reduce risk, ensure your certifications are professionally managed by BT.
- Issue digital certificates that validate authorised users of your systems with our cloud-based Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) service.
- Full control of access management and digital certificates with our online portal and administration tools.
- Our Managed PKI Security service is quick and easy to set up. You can add enhanced features and capacity when your business is ready for them.
- Our detailed reporting gives you information on usage and threat activity, providing evidence that breaches were prevented and demonstrating compliance with regulation.
- We offer a fully resilient managed service that is ISO 27001-accredited and tScheme approved to make sure reviews and auditing are thorough. It also uses Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) certified to Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2.
- Our experts provide on-going, global support 24x7 from BT call centres in the UK and the maintenance of the service is all taken care of by BT.
Effective web protection is key to securing your business.
Here are our recommendations for better web protection:
- Deploy a robust certification solution that allows you to issue digital certificates. This ensures only authorised end-users have access to your most valuable assets.
- Protect your systems and business applications from the dangers of unauthorised access and the possibility of your data being compromised.
- Consider outsourcing the management of your certification to deploy a solution quickly, reduce costs and satisfy compliance needs.
- Enable the expert management of your digital certificates, giving you one of the highest levels of internet security and availability alongside the maximum level of control.
How we can help
Managing your digital certification can be complex and costly.
We know the key challenges in professionally managing a PKI digital certification capability. We can partner with you to help.
Can your existing PKI processes and technology deal with a large number of new devices connecting to your network? Developing the associated authorisation and certification processes, and replacing expired certificates can all prove to be a challenging. Without a full understanding of which certificates are important and what they are protecting, many organisations leave themselves exposed hackers. Our service helps you to manage this more effectively.
Design and deploy an effective PKI solution
It can take months to design a PKI solution, integrate it with your active directory and deploy it globally. In the meantime employees and users may have access to systems, applications or data that they are not entitled to access. This puts your organisation at risk. Our solution can be rolled out globally, quickly and flexibly.
The upfront hardware and software costs associated with setting yourself up as a Certificate Authority and as a Registration Authority can be difficult to justify. This spend typically comes from CAPEX budget at a time when most organisations are looking to move to an OPEX model. If you also factor in the professional services costs to ensure a seamless deployment, then the investment is significant. Our service allows you to pay for what you use, when you need it.
Maintaining hardware appliances
The ongoing costs and resources needed to maintain an in-house PKI deployment are considerable. Keeping PKI specialists on your IT team is expensive. Our managed service means we look after the infrastructure, while you look after you’re the protection of your business.
The documents below will give you some more detail about the certification policies and the services provided by BT.
- Public Service Description for BT Managed Public Key Infrastructure Security
- Relying Third Party Charters
- Certification Practice Statement
- Privacy Statement
- Service Policy Disclosure Statement
Certificate status and information:
- Use our online search tool to search for and check the status of certificates.