- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Managed security services
- Security Consulting
- Security Intelligence
- Security solutions
- Cloud contact centers
- Contact recording and analytics
- Inbound services
- Onsite contact centres
- Self-service and queue-management platforms
- CRM solutions
- Why BT
Our position and recognition in published analyst reports.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognized time and again by customers, analysts and professional organizations
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organizations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Views from the analysts
IDC MarketScape: Asia Pacific Managed Security Services 2016 Vendor Assessment
BT has been named a “Leader” in the IDC MarketScape report: the Asia Pacific Managed Security Services 2016 Vendor Assessment.
In this year’s report, BT has moved from the Major Player category to the Leaders category.
The report notes BT’s remarkable growth in the Asia Pacific cybersecurity market and its “cloud of clouds for security” strategy. The IDC MarketScape also notes BT’s extensive and diverse network of partnerships and its significant investments in internal security R&D.
Source: IDC MarketScape: Asia Pacific Managed Security Services 2016 Vendor Assessment, Doc #AP40939616, October 2016
Specifically, the IDC MarketScape report identifies BT’s strengths in the following key areas*:
- “BT has made excellent progress in terms of security business execution over the past 12 months. Over the past few years, BT has been maintaining a strict focus on profitable growth and undergoing a cost transformation. BT has freed up a significant amount of capital to invest for growth.”
- “BT has a strong presence in the banking and financial services vertical market. This affords BT an excellent understanding of customers and becomes an additional value proposition to customers. The highly regarded BT Radianz solution was one of the key attributors to its strong presence and mindshare in the vertical market.”
- “BT’s current progress and future blueprint for building new security operations centre in Asia Pacific have showcased the company's confidence and ambition in the region. Apart from the existing four security operations centres, BT is establishing another in Asia Pacific, covering both mature and fast-developing markets in the region.
According to the report, “At a global level, BT has consolidated its security services and assigned a strong management team to run the security business. BT claims a staggering triple-digit year-on-year growth in Asia Pacific, with a high proportion of its sales coming from newly-acquired customers over the last year”.
The report also states*: “BT is differentiating itself in the market with its “cloud of clouds for security” (BT has positioned itself as the leading cloud services integrator with its cloud of clouds messaging), offering customers scalability, flexibility and performance in a secure environment.
We are delighted to be named as a leader for managed security services in Asia Pacific by the IDC MarketScape. This recognition highlights BT’s continued investments in its security capabilities and the outstanding progress made over the past year. The result also demonstrates the success of our “cloud of clouds” strategy and BT’s ability to offer its customers scalability, flexibility and performance within a secure environment.”
- Kevin Taylor, President Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa (AMEA), BT
*IDC MarketScape: Asia Pacific Managed Security Services 2016 Vendor Assessment, doc #AP40939616, October 2016
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. The Capabilities score measures vendor product, go-to-market and business execution in the shortterm. The Strategy score measures alignment of vendor strategies with customer requirements in a 3-5-year timeframe. Vendor market share is represented by the size of the circles. Vendor year-over-year growth rate relative to the given market is indicated by a plus, neutral or minus next to the vendor name.