- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
We are proud that our work is recognized time and again by customers, analysts and professional organizations.
Learn how organizations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Catch up on the thoughts and opinions of our experts in our blog.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
How we put our customer first.
- About us
We’re well placed to be your trusted partner as you digitally transform your business.
Where the exchange of fresh ideas and information gets up close and personal.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
- My Account
29 September 2016
Blogs by author: Ramy Houssaini , Vice President of Security Europe, BT.
Ten tips on keeping your organisation secure from cyber crime — from one of our most renowned experts.
Cyber crime — a booming business.
If you’re not careful, a chunk of that $2 trillion could come straight from your pocket. So, the question is: how can you keep cyber crime at bay?
A good place to start is to get some solid advice on the basics of security and risk.
Some advice on how to stay secure.
When it comes to advice on cyber security and risk management, Ramy Houssaini is the man to ask. He’s an internationally-recognised cyber security expert with experience in multiple industries and organisations.
Working as a Risk and Technology Board Advisor, as well as Vice President of BT Security Europe, Ramy’s a busy man. But that didn’t stop him from putting together his ten tops tips and tricks for staying secure in a world rife with cyber crime.
These tips will arm you with enough knowledge to set the foundations for a solid, organisation-wide, security solution.
Ramy’s ten top tips and tricks.
Here’s a quick look at Ramy’s advice:
- Boost your digital protection with data intelligence, precision and technology.
- Broaden your ‘identify and protect’ mindset to include ‘detect, respond and recover’.
- Invest deeply in analytics; move to predictive versus reactive.
- Test your digital risk awareness — frequently and in an unplanned way.
- Adopt a service-centric view for security with a focus on transparency and automation.
- Make security everyone’s responsibility.
- Apply ‘the onion effect’.
- Concentrate your security supply chain.
- Identify critical digital processes and high-risk integration points.
- Reduce complexity wherever you can — in applications, infrastructure and instances.
Stay tuned for more information.
Over the next ten weeks we’ll look at each of these tips in more detail, helping you get to grips with what you need to do to stay secure. Follow us on Twitter for updates, and keep an eye out for blog one next week.