- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
We are proud that our work is recognized time and again by customers, analysts and professional organizations.
Learn how organizations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Catch up on the thoughts and opinions of our experts in our blog.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
How we put our customer first.
- About us
We’re well placed to be your trusted partner as you digitally transform your business.
Where the exchange of fresh ideas and information gets up close and personal.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
- My Account
Cloud-based contact center puts sick leave reporting in order, saving costs and reducing absenteeism
Effective reporting and supervision in the cloud
When you’re feeling ill the last thing you want is to be hanging on the phone trying to get a message through to your boss. And your boss has enough things to think about to want to bother with HR processes.
Carrefour, a major employer in Argentina, called on BT for a cure to this problem. BT Cloud Contact was the key. Now sick employees dial a toll-free number. Everything’s handled in a single conversation. The boss, HR and the medical center are all notified by email. And each case is followed up until the employee returns to work.
Before, sick-leave notification was decentralized and there wasn’t a single process. Now it only requires one free call, with minimal hassle.”
- Mariano Patané, Head of Workplace Health, Carrefour Argentina
- Carrefour in Argentina has 20,000 staff across almost 600 outlets, but there was no centralized system to report and manage sick absence
- The cost of absenteeism had increased from seven to 14 percent between 1997 and 2014
- A BT professional services team worked with Carrefour to create a sickness and accident leave reporting channel
- The solution uses BT Cloud Contact with toll-free access
- In the first seven months it took 24,000 calls and helped cut absenteeism by 0.25 percent, saving almost $600,000
- As well as making sick notification easier for employees, the system provides valuable statistical data
Scalable pay-as-you-go solution
BT Cloud Contact is a complete virtual contact center solution that means customers can scale the number of agents quickly while only paying for what’s used on a per-agent, per-month basis. For Carrefour the resulting Medical Assistance Service (Servicio de Atención Médica or SAM in Spanish) is a BT Cloud Contact facility based at the Carrefour Argentina headquarters in Buenos Aires and integrated into the company’s HR systems.
Ask the experts
BT can provide a wide range of professional services and consultancy to help you improve the operational effectiveness of your organization. BT professional services global consultancy teams come with in-depth expertise gained through 25-years’ experience of devising strategic technological solutions to meet specific business goals.
View the full case study on SlideShare