- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
Our position and recognition in published analyst reports.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognized time and again by customers, analysts and professional organizations
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organizations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Egis Parking Services chooses BT data centre systems to support parking enforcement in Amsterdam
New system promotes team spirit and job satisfaction
Until recently, parking attendants had a tough time patrolling the streets of Amsterdam. They’d meet aggressive – violent, even – reactions from ticketed drivers. It put a serious strain on their health, resulting in high absenteeism.
A new set-up has seen ticketing become a back-office routine, avoiding confrontation. Enforcement officers rotate between desk and field work, like driving scan cars and inspecting parking situations requiring a closer look.
The role’s not only become safer, but also more varied. Job satisfaction has rocketed. Employees get clear insights into the results of their work, sharing success and building team spirit. And BT Compute is helping drive that digital transformation.
Since the introduction of the new system, productivity has soared and we’re breaking record after record. Our teams are highly motivated and absenteeism has dropped dramatically. Our people love their work and take real pride in it.”
- Steven de Vos, Manager Enforcement, Egis Parking Services
- Hosting platform required for 24x7 digital parking enforcement in the city of Amsterdam.
- BT Compute data centre solution including network connections and managed firewalls.
- BT professional services team delivered service innovation to achieve a 35 per cent cut in costs.
- Platform supports scanning of 40 million licence plates a year and collects €200 million annually in parking fines.
- Digital parking enforcement creates a safer, more varied working environment for parking attendants.
- Boost to morale has seen sick absenteeism reduce from 24% in 2011 to 3.5% in 2016.
Comprehensive IT services
BT provides a wide range of BT Compute data centre services to Egis Parking Services, from data centre and backup to network connections and managed firewalls.
Advice and consultancy
BT Advise Compute professional services for Egis Parking Services include consultancy, operating system and application support, and software patch management.
Cisco technology at the core
At the heart of the BT Private Compute solution are four BT-owned and maintained Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) B-Series blade server clusters running on Cisco Nexus 9000 switches. They support around 100 virtual machines in a VMware environment running databases, directories and other apps.
High bandwidth connectivity
BT also runs a 1Gbps LAN Connect Global fully managed link between the data centre and the Egis Parking Services headquarters.
View the full case study on SlideShare