- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
We are proud that our work is recognized time and again by customers, analysts and professional organizations.
Learn how organizations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Innovation is at the heart of BT’s business.
Catch up on the thoughts and opinions of our experts in our blog.
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
How we put our customer first.
- About us
We’re well placed to be your trusted partner as you digitally transform your business.
Where the exchange of fresh ideas and information gets up close and personal.
Meet Luis Alvarez, CEO, Global Services and the rest of his leadership team.
- My Account
BT Cloud Compute increases scalability at lower cost for global travel services provider Hotelbeds
Coping with soaring online expansion
A key player in Hotelbeds’ bid to stay at the forefront of today’s travel industry, Benjamin Pironneau is head of client development. He drives the company’s growth engine. But coping with his success was stretching. Managing fast-multiplying online transactions meant buying new servers every six months or sooner. That simply wasn’t sustainable.
So BT Cloud Compute running on Cisco hardware was chosen to increase scalability, and a BT professional services team ensured smooth migration with minimal impact to operations. Now virtual servers running across two BT Madrid data centres offer near-limitless capacity and assure business continuity. Meanwhile BT security measures keep cyber-threats at bay. So Benjamin can over-achieve his mission without worrying about his company’s ability to deliver.
BT Cloud of Clouds is a concept that unites all the different cloud service providers. This allows us to use the best cloud provider for the best purpose at the best moment.”
- Alvaro de Nicolas, CIO, Hotelbeds Group
Hotelbeds, the world’s number one bedbank, stops at one place for all its IT needs
BT Cloud Compute running on Cisco hardware increases scalability at lower cost for global travel services provider Hotelbeds.
- Present in 120 countries, Hotelbeds works with more than 35,000 travel professionals around the world
- To cope with booming business growth, the company’s server estate had grown to 700
- A more sustainable solution was offered by BT Cloud Compute running across two BT Madrid data centres interconnected by BT IP Connect Global
- BT Advise professional services helped plan and manage the migration to the cloud
- The BT Cloud Compute solution running on Cisco hardware assures business continuity, while BT Security keeps cyber-threats at bay
- Underpins weeks-to-days drop in server deployment time and reduced costs per transaction
Coping with soaring online expansion
Hotelbeds works in a world that continues to globalise. At the forefront of its travel sector niche, it has to work hard to stay there. And that’s paying off; with online transactions mushrooming. But physical servers were struggling to cope. If that sounds familiar, look towards BT solutions in the cloud for limitless compute capacity on a pay-as-you-go basis. Cisco hardware keeps them operating at peak performance.
Protecting data and insulating the brand from security breaches
Success can bring its own issues. In today’s online world that can mean unwelcome attention from cyber-criminals and hackers. Hotelbeds took the precaution of adopting comprehensive services from the BT Security portfolio. That means Hotelbeds’ and its customers’ data are protected.
Cloud specialists bring unique expertise to bear
The cloud’s a simple concept to grasp. Getting there is equally simple. However, when it comes to migrating terabytes-worth of data and apps from in-house data centres to a cloud environment it pays to have a safe pair of hands working with you. BT data specialists bring to Hotelbeds expertise honed in countless customer engagements.