- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
Our position and recognition in published analyst reports.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognized time and again by customers, analysts and professional organizations
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organizations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
Williams Martini Racing relies on BT to connect its race team from tracks around the world
Williams gains from improved data performance
The Williams Martini Racing team now relies on BT to connect the race team from tracks around the world to the race operations centre in Grove, Oxfordshire (UK). With each race producing between 60 and 80 GB of raw data that needs to be sent securely and analysed in real time, high-speed secure connections are of paramount importance. BT’s global network is delivering a 100Mbps connection speed from every test and race venue. Engineers at the track side and at the Grove race operations room can now make the most of the car’s performance by sharing and analysing very large quantities of data in real time, enabling them to collaborate and make changes to improve car performance during practise, in qualifying and during the race itself.
The new network infrastructure has been further optimised through the deployment of acceleration capabilities, removing latency issues when race teams communicate with the control centre back home.
The connectivity that BT is providing us has enabled our engineers to work in a much closer and much faster way.”
- Claire Williams, Deputy Team Principal and Commercial Director, Williams Martini Racing
- Williams won 16 FIA Formula One World Championships, scoring 114 victories, 306 podiums and 128 pole positions
- Each race produces between 60 and 80 GB of raw data
- BT’s global network is delivering a 100Mbps connection speed from every test and race venue
- Benefit from BT’s technology and innovation is tremendously important to Williams
BT delivering improved performance for Williams Martini Racing
BT unveiled its strategic partnership with Williams Martini Racing in March. Since then, the BT logo has been on the headrests of the Williams Mercedes FW37 car.
View the full case study on SlideShare