- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
Our position and recognition in published analyst reports.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognized time and again by customers, analysts and professional organizations
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organizations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
BT SettleNET secure messaging helps Winterflood assure profitability under varying trade volumes
Playing it safe in securities
In global equities, communication is crucial during the entire execution cycle from pre-trade right through to settlement. When issues with an old messaging platform started to impact operations, Wayne Davies of Winterflood considered alternative solutions.
Moving to BT SettleNET would allow the company to use its existing BT Radianz Cloud network for resilient connectivity and so get rid of expensive dedicated circuits. Not only that, but flexible BT SettleNET pricing matches market volumes.
Now Winterflood has a more resilient and secure messaging platform that its traders can rely on, while also saving significant networking costs each year.
With BT SettleNET we’ve freed-up valuable resources, and settlement costs are now predictable, protecting our profitability.”
- Wayne Davies, Head of Networks and Infrastructure Winterflood Securities
- Winterflood Securities processes some 47,000 trades every day
- An old messaging system was failing and its commercial terms were inflexible
- BT SettleNET links financial institutions with CREST, with a fixed price per 100 kilobytes of data
- Network costs have dropped by two-thirds
Meeting financial market requirements
In an environment where time is money, Winterflood values a messaging system like BT SettleNet, which is fast, reliable and comes with a fixed pricing structure.
Security and compliance assured
Financial markets have a clear and consistent need for security and compliance. Both requirements are met by the BT-hosted platform used by Winterflood for messaging.
Helping reduce costs and cut problems
BT SettleNET is part of the BT Radianz Messaging portfolio, which allows Winterflood to take advantage of shared connectivity to reduce network costs, while cutting problems to zero over two years of use.
View the full case study on SlideShare