- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
Our position and recognition in published analyst reports.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognized time and again by customers, analysts and professional organizations
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organizations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
BT invests in cloud based Unified Communications infrastructure in Latin America.
DC16-393 (19 September 2016)
New Unified Communications-as-a-Service (UCaaS) node in Brazil to deliver BT One Cloud Microsoft collaboration services to customers across Latin America.
BT today announced the deployment of a Unified Communications service node in Sao Paulo. This will support Latin American customers using the BT One Cloud Microsoft portfolio of collaboration services, including Skype for Business, delivered from BT’s data centres.
By accessing the new Sao Paulo service node, Latin American customers will benefit from enhanced performance of their collaboration services. They will also be able to access new service design options at more competitive conditions, while technical support will be provided by experts based in the region for an optimized customer experience.
The One Cloud Microsoft services, supported by the new node, enable collaboration that helps improve the way people work together. They include Skype for Business delivered from BT data centres, alongside SharePoint and Exchange services. The service runs on a ‘pay-per-user’ model delivered from the cloud, against a monthly fee, offering reliable unified communications without a big capital investment. BT One Cloud Microsoft aims at giving employees of large organisations the freedom to talk and collaborate the way they want to, wherever they are located, while keeping costs down.
The new service node announced today is part of BT’s ongoing investment programme in Latin America, designed to meet the growing needs for networked IT services of its customers across the region.
We are continuing to invest for our customers across Latin America to help them increase productivity and become more competitive. Our services support the internationalisation of Latin American companies or ‘multilatinas’, as well as the growth of global corporations investing in the region. The opening of our new Unified Communications node in Sao Paulo is a new milestone in this ongoing effort.”
- Bas Burger, president of the Americas at BT.
Click here for more information on BT One Cloud Microsoft.
BT investments in infrastructure and new services in Latin America since 2012 include:
Connectivity Infrastructure (BT Connect)
- 2012 - IP Connect Latam new PoPs in Brazil: Cuiabá, Fortaleza and Vitória
- 2013 - Ethernet Connect Global two new GPOP in Colombia: Bogotá
- 2013 - Ethernet Connect Global new GPOP in Mexico: Mexico City
- 2013 - Ethernet Connect Global new GPOPs in Brazil: São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Hortolandia
- 2014 - Mirror Teleport (hot swapping) implemented in Brazil – Jaguariuna
- 2014 - Ethernet Connect Global new GPOP in Argentina: Buenos Aires
- 2014 - Ethernet Connect Global new GPOP in Chile: Santiago
- 2014 - IP Connect Latam new PoP in Chile: Santiago
- 2014 - Global Media Network new GPOP in Brazil: Rio de Janeiro
- 2015 - Launch of Satellite Connect in Chile using Argentina's Teleport
- 2015 - New teleport in Costa Rica: San Jose
- 2016 - CFN implemented in Argentina: Buenos Aires
- 2016 - IP Connect Global new GPOP in Costa Rica: San Jose
- 2016 - IP Connect Global new GPOP in Panama: Panama City
Data centres (BT Compute)
- 2012 - Launch of Cloud Compute
- 2014 - New Tier IV datacenter in Colombia: Naos (Bogotá)
- 2016 - Hortolandia datacenter infrastructure uplift to become a Tier III certified
Unified Communications (BT One)
- 2012 - Launch of One Cloud iComms
- 2013 - Launch of One Collaborate portfolio (BT MeetMe, Webex, Video bridge/GVE, Care Support, Video CPEs)
- 2013 - Launch of One Cloud Microsoft
- 2014 - Launch of One Mobile
- 2014 - One Voice integration to IP Connect Latam
- 2015 - Launch of BT MeetMe Video
- 2015 - Launch of BT MeetMe with Dolby Voice
- 2016 - BT One Cloud Microsoft node in Brazil
Contact Centres (BT Contact)
- 2012 - Launch of Cloud Contact
Security (BT Assure)
- 2012 - Launch of Assure Secure web
- 2012 - Launch of Assure Managed Firewall
- 2014 - Launch of Assure Threat Monitoring
- 2014 - Latam Network Control Center (NCCH) deployed in Brazil: Hortolandia
- 2015 - Service Desk in Hortolandia/Brazil uplift to support services growth and integration with Security
For further information
Alan Ball, Head of Global PR.