- Products & Solutions
- Access choices
- Application performance management
- Internet services
- IP address management
- Managed network services
- Virtual Private Network Services
- Network services solutions
- Business technology services
- CRM professional services
- IT professional services
- Mobility professional services
- Network professional services
- Unified communications professional services
- Field force automation
- Flexible working services
- Managed mobility services
- Secure remote access
- Telecom expense management
- Mobility solutions
- Why BT
Our position and recognition in published analyst reports.
We believe in the power of communication to make a better world
We are proud that our work is recognized time and again by customers, analysts and professional organizations
Our company overview: how we're bringing it all together around the world
Who we’ve helped, and how. Learn how organizations just like yours get better when they work with us.
Join us to explore fresh ideas
Explore and debate the big issues with us as we bring together the latest insight on the hottest IT trends.
From press releases to local news
Great thinking from across the company
Our range of showcases offers you an online or face-to-face insight into our portfolio and its capabilities.
- Let's Talk
- My Account
BT opens high tech Contract Design Hub in Brazil
DC16-489 (9 November 2016)
New hub brings experts together to work on complex IT and network solution designs
BT today announced the opening of a Contract Design Hub, in São Paulo, Brazil, to further strengthen support for its growing list of customers in the Americas. The new hub brings together highly qualified and experienced technology experts and will be hosted in the existing Villa Lobos office in São Paulo.
The hub team is responsible for the design and detailed planning of high performance networks and solutions for BT’s corporate customers. These include large organisations with very complex communications and IT infrastructure requirements. The areas of expertise in the new hub include design of corporate networks, unified communications, data centre and contact centre solutions. The hub includes an advanced lab where sophisticated solutions are tested and validated before implementation.
BT’s Contract Design Hubs are aligned to its global portfolio of networked IT services, with teams of experts working very closely with customers to meet their needs and improve the time and cost of delivery of services.
The new hub in Brazil is fully integrated with global Contract Design Hubs located in the UK, Hungary and India, using a common set of design methodologies, quality principles and delivery processes.
The new hub is part of BT’s ongoing investment programme in Latin America. It will deliver support to customers across the Americas, including global multinationals and multilatinas expanding into the region and beyond. Initially, the hub will consist of around 40 highly qualified experts and will scale up in line with customer needs.
We have been continuously investing across Latin America to help our customers expand in the region. I am very proud to announce yet another milestone with the opening of a brand new Contract Design Hub in Brazil to support customers across the Americas. We have pooled some of our very best engineers into the hub and are giving them the tools and environment best suited to serve our customers in the region. By designing complex business-critical solutions, they will help our customers be more competitive on a global scale.”
- Bas Burger, president for the Americas at BT.
BT investments in infrastructure and new services in Latin America since 2012 include:
Connectivity Infrastructure (BT Connect)
- 2012 - IP Connect Latam new PoPs in Brazil: Cuiabá, Fortaleza and Vitória
- 2013 - Ethernet Connect Global two new GPOP in Colombia: Bogotá
- 2013 - Ethernet Connect Global new GPOP in Mexico: Mexico City
- 2013 - Ethernet Connect Global new GPOPs in Brazil: São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Hortolandia
- 2014 - Mirror Teleport (hot swapping) implemented in Brazil – Jaguariuna
- 2014 - Ethernet Connect Global new GPOP in Argentina: Buenos Aires
- 2014 - Ethernet Connect Global new GPOP in Chile: Santiago
- 2014 - IP Connect Latam new PoP in Chile: Santiago
- 2014 - Global Media Network new GPOP in Brazil: Rio de Janeiro
- 2015 - Launch of Satellite Connect in Chile using Argentina's Teleport
- 2015 - New teleport in Costa Rica: San Jose
- 2016 - CFN implemented in Argentina: Buenos Aires
- 2016 - IP Connect Global new GPOP in Costa Rica: San Jose
- 2016 - IP Connect Global new GPOP in Panama: Panama City
- 2016 - New PoPs in Argentina and expansion of Buenos Aires city fibre ring
Data centres (BT Compute)
- 2012 - Launch of Cloud Compute
- 2014 - New Tier IV data centre in Colombia: Naos (Bogotá)
- 2016 - Hortolandia data centre infrastructure uplift to become a Tier III certified
Unified Communications (BT One)
- 2012 - Launch of One Cloud iComms
- 2013 - Launch of One Collaborate portfolio (BT MeetMe, Webex, Video bridge/GVE, Care Support, Video CPEs)
- 2013 - Launch of One Cloud Microsoft
- 2014 - Launch of One Mobile
- 2014 - One Voice integration to IP Connect Latam
- 2015 - Launch of BT MeetMe Video
- 2015 - Launch of BT MeetMe with Dolby Voice
- 2016 - Launch of BT One Cloud Microsoft Brazil
Contact Centres (BT Contact)
- 2012 - Launch of Cloud Contact
Security (BT Assure)
- 2012 - Launch of Assure Secure web
- 2012 - Launch of Assure Managed Firewall
- 2014 - Launch of Assure Threat Monitoring
- 2016 - Launch of DDoS Mitigation Service
- 2014 - Latam Network Control Centre (NCCH) deployed in Brazil: Hortolandia
- 2015 - Service Desk in Hortolandia/Brazil uplift to support services growth and integration with Security
For further information
Alan Ball, Head of Global PR.